MP 1.3.0, SetupTv: Manual Control not working. Log included (1 Viewer)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Manual control is not working when I press on the menu item in setup tv.
    Before posting this I saw a forum thread with similar but not exact problem.
    My error is slightly different and I would like to know if it made sense to edit the database to solve my problem.

I want to use manual control to solve another problem: My EPG is not in sync with reality (could be summertime or something), I know there is a button to clear the EPG data and I would like to try that.
    But anyway, I would also like to have the manual control working again.

Thanks for any help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello findftp

Something strange is going on:
    2013-05-10 00:55:47.275841 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.comboBoxGroups_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.OnSectionActivated()
    at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)

Seems like you may have deleted all your channel groups, or maybe deleted the channel group that was last used in that section?

mm

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi mm,

I have 4 groups:
    Channels
    All Channels
    favorieten
    nocomskip

How do I figure out which group was last used in that section? Could I solve the issue when I recreate that group?

Thanks for any help.[DOUBLEPOST=1368196942][/DOUBLEPOST]Could it be related to this ?
    Have fixed this with my installation.

In the database there is a ChannelGroup table. I had two entries. All Channels and Main Channells. They both had a sort order of 9999, so I made one of them 9998 and bingo all of a sudden I can browse Manual Control as well as TV Groups.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problem solved.

The problem was indeed the same sort order for 3 channelgroups. They all were 9999 so changed 2 of them to 9998 and 9997 (with MySQL Workbench).
    After this I was able to use manual control again and delete my DVB EPG which was my initial goal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Excellent :) ... but how did this happen?
    Did you do a scan recently, or add new channels manually... or basically what happened to cause this problem?
    We would like to fix it so it doesn't happen for other people!

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know how this problem happened. I have it for a long time, but I did not really miss the manual control feature until I wanted to reset the DVB EPG (which I now was able to do which solved the EPG sync problem (y))
    I think, but I'm not sure, that it happened when I upgraded from 1.2.3 to 1.3.0B (skipping alpha)

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

I can confirm similar behavior with MP 1.4.0 pre-release.

I did a clean install on win7 with 1.4.0 pre

Did a number of channel scans for each of the tuners (since some channels do not always transmit - some during the day others at night).

Created groups and moved channels around into groups etc.

Some time during this process (I cant be sure exactly when), I noticed that the export channels function did not complete. Looked in logs and noticed that the SetupTVServer log showed an error associated with this.

I have attached logs showing error.

Some time later I noticed that manual control tab also failed to work.

So after reading this thread I downloaded the mysql workbench tool and also observed that the tables for TV and radio channel groups also contained duplicate sort order numbers. So as above I hand edited these.

It didn't entirely fix the problem but now behavior is different. Manual control now opens but still export channels produces an error and does not complete.

I have also noticed that the radio channels dialog does not correctly list all channels in the All Channels group. I have grouped radio channels into Freesat and Freeview channels. Only the freeview channels show up in All Channels.

While I cant entirely discount incompetence on my part I suspect that the TVServerSetup is not completely robust when it comes to updating the database.

Am content to wait until 1.4.0 final is released before messing with channel setups (I really hate the channel setup part of MP). Might even do a clean install of 1.4.0 final.

On the subject of Channels setup on TV server I noticed a few other issues

1. Some scrambled channels are not identified as such (shown as green when should be red)
    2. Radio scanning does not seem to always obey the instruction NOT to group channels by satellite - though this might be due to my db being buggered.
    3. When looking at tables in DB I noticed lots of other tables had non unique sort order - I didn't mess with them as I dont really know if this is a problem. I can upload DB if you would benefit from looking at it.

I have some ideas as to how the channel scanning function might be improved - but I suspect this is the wrong forum for that.

Please accept this as constructive feedback. Actually I found the 1.4.0 release the best yet. Haven't had a single problem with watching TV, picture is superb and channel changing is really fast (especially so after getting rid of default 2sec delay on this in one of the menus).

K

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi KevL

Thanks for the feedback (y)

1. Some scrambled channels are not identified as such (shown as green when should be red)
    Known issue:
    http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3930

2. Radio scanning does not seem to always obey the instruction NOT to group channels by satellite - though this might be due to my db being buggered.
    Hmmm, that is a new one. I suspect the DB too.

3. When looking at tables in DB I noticed lots of other tables had non unique sort order - I didn't mess with them as I dont really know if this is a problem. I can upload DB if you would benefit from looking at it.
    The sort order only has to be unique within each channel group... I think.
    My policy with this is if you don't see a problem in the configuration tool then there is no problem. :D ;)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom