MP 1.3 Beta Crashing after fresh OS install. (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tried moving the dl but still MPo won't start. Still just pops up the window that says MPo has stopped working right a way after launching the app. I restarted the TV server no problem and even can launch the TV-Server config so I think it is MPo.
    Any other ideas I can try before re-installing media portal?

Thanks again for the help
    -S

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not really, but running the client installer again might help:

Download 7zip (if you don't have it installed)
    after installation, right mouse click on the 1.3RC install packages, select 7Zip -> Open Archive
    in the window that opens, double click the 'deploy' folder, select both files you see there, hit F5, click OK
    now you should have 2 packages besides the Install file.
    run package-mediaportal.exe, which will then re-install MediaPortal client. all your settings can be backupped, or you can skip the backup, and then all files are untouched.

Try to run MP after that.

Last edited:

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    HomeY if I am ever in the Netherlands I owe you a beer. So I figured out that a lot of my problems were due to a SSD that was failing. All the tests that I ran said the drive was good, but when I swapped it out and cloned it to another drive things were ROCK SOLID! (I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall to the SSD but was having crashing issues again)

I did a complete uninstall (reg keys and everything) and reinstall of MPo including TV server on the new drive (a mechanical one). Thanks for the time and help and just wanted to let you know the 1.3RC is great but it was my SSD that was causing the problems.

Have you heard of people having trouble with SSD and MPo? I suspect mine was just failing

-S

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have you heard of people having trouble with SSD and MPo? I suspect mine was just failing

-S
    Good to hear your problem is fixed! I haven't heard of SSD issues with MP. All my PCs are running with SSDs, so probably a faulty SSD (i've had 1 of those also)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom