MP 1.31 Won't Download Install Files (1 Viewer)

macmr

Portal Pro
August 21, 2011
Home Country
When I was installing MP 1.31 last weekend I selected to download the files and install from a local folder.

I got these messages but when I went to the "indicated download address" I couldn't find the relevant file
which obviously the installer couldn't either hence the error message.

There was something else it didn't download but can't remember what it was (I suspect it was MySQL) and
couldn't take a photo because it was behind the error message and when I cleared the error message the
installer wouldn't get the next download and just quit?

Is there some secret hiding place to download these files from so I can have another go this Sunday?

20230814_153339.jpg

20230814_153505.jpg

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    When I was installing MP 1.31 last weekend I selected to download the files and install from a local folder.

I got these messages but when I went to the "indicated download address" I couldn't find the relevant file
    which obviously the installer couldn't either hence the error message.
    MS SQL is not supported since a long time.
    That's why you saw this message.
    But, manual download of it should be removed, thx for info. :)
    There was something else it didn't download but can't remember what it was (I suspect it was MySQL) and
    couldn't take a photo because it was behind the error message and when I cleared the error message the
    installer wouldn't get the next download and just quit?
    Need more info (sharp if possible). ;)
    Is there some secret hiding place to download these files from so I can have another go this Sunday?
    Since 2011, you should know that there is absolutely "no secret" with MP. :D

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    All great replies :)

Since 2011, you should know that there is absolutely "no secret" with MP. :D

Well secret at least to me as I couldn't find it?

Yes all that was said above is what I found in regards to the linking issue and also whether I actually needed it as I was previously using MySql which appears to be the preferred option anyway.

When I use the install option that just does a straightforward install then I select the "MySql" option and all is good as I am not trying to download something it can't find.

I will have another go tomorrow and try and give some more precise info on what happens with the downloads but I'm sure that if anyone else wants to give it a go they might have the same issues.

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok so final update.

As in my original post the download of MS SQL Express 2005 fails which in the following posts questioned why it was even needed. And this appears to be a valid point as it appears as though MySQL 5.6 is the preferred option anyway so why try and download it?

The other problem with the "download files only option" is that when it can't actually download MS SQL Express 2005 after a number of attempts then the downloader just quits and doesn't download any more of the components after that spot in the sequence.

So while the subsequent files are probably there to actually download then because the downloader just stops you end up with an incomplete package because of a failed file download that probably isn't even needed.

Now I can't say what would happen if an error occurred earlier in the download sequence but I suspect that the downloader would just stop wherever the problem happened.

Just seems a sudden way to handle an error.

Zumwalt

December 30, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql.
    Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I get CRC check error.
    On third try I don't get CRC error

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom