1.29.0 Mp 1.32 Final x64 Fresh Install Fails (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP1 Version
    Windows 11 23h2

1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception".
    The attached screenshots show the initial set up for the install, note in the first the option it seems to think 1,32 pre is installed it was not and I selected the Fesh Install option.
    MySQL has been installed, I believe incorrectly, in Program Files (x86), all other versions (including 1.32 x86) install it in Program Files!

x64-1.jpgx64-2.jpgx64-3.jpgx64-4.jpgx64-5.jpg

2) When there is a formally fully working MySQL already installed then 1.32 Final x64 will install without error however all attempts at scanning for TV channels are unsuccessful (0 found) see screenshot below and attached logs of a single attempted scan.

x64-6.jpg

-

Attachments

• MP_Logs_RANDOM_23_11_04_17_36.zip
      1.8 MB
    Last edited:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    According the log, the issue is definitely in TsWriter.ax filter (probably not correctly installed/registered). I believe the problem is that installer includes x64 version of the filter.

graymatter

Portal Member
    October 17, 2023
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I have same symptoms - removed any elements of old mp and mysql, including any remaining registry entries, then fresh sql server 2008, then mp 1.32 x64. Install good, connecting to tv database, but no signal when scanning DVBT or DVBS. DVBS checked independently with TBS viewer, scans/view program fine.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    TV Server filters fix:
    - unpack content of the attached package to the TV Server application folder(replace all files) and run(as administrator) included 'install_filters.bat' file to register the filters.

Attachments

• TVServer.x86.filters.zip
      812.3 KB

gru

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    TV Server filters fix:
    - unpack content of the attached package to the TV Server application folder(replace all files) and run(as administrator) included 'install_filters.bat' file to register the filters.
    Hi,
    I just did a fresh installation of 1.32 on Windows 11. I installed MySQL X64 upfront to not run into the MySQL "C:\Program Files (x86)" issue.
    Then I found this thread and unpacked the attached TV server filters, and replaced the original ones.
    But registering doesn't work.
    I always get an error (sorry, screenshot in german).
    It says "modul not found" for every filter. I checked that the script is run as administrator and also inside the correct path.
    What could be the problem?
    Thanks, Johannes

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-07 234623.png
      Screenshot 2023-11-07 234623.png
      17.8 KB
    Last edited:

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't know that this is going to help, but please see my post here as it may give a clue as to what is really happening. I think the "file not found" exception on the MySql install is only a symptom of the real problem. More in the post I referenced.

gru

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks @wiyosaya. I don't know if it's the same as the error I get is not .Net. It's the regsrv32 command registering new TsReader.ax or other .ax files in the attachment from post #4.

AndreT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello,

I have similar issues installing 1.32 x64 on a fresh system running Windows 10 Ent 22H2 x64 on HP EliteDesk 800G4 hardware. 1.31 (x86) works on the same hardware just fine.

The installer stopped multiple times because of:
    1. Missing dotNET 3.x/2.x windows components. My bad, easy fix and already documentated in wiki.
    2 VC2008 Sp1 Redistributable package required both the x64 and x86 version. Only the x64 was automatically installed by the MPE 1.32 installer. The Installer fails with identical message which did not occur when I manually instaled the x86 version from MS.
    3. MySQL 5.6 32bit version installed but the service does not start. Event: Unable to find file.

I tried OneClick installation as well as custom but could not get past the MySQL issue. I only had limited time to play on this system and didn't even get to the driver fun (aka hell) of my RTL2832U DVB-T USB tuners and the TV server finding channels. Will do some more testing amd include logs on my next post.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Andre

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom