MP 1.4, ATSC Closed captions in Live TV (1 Viewer)

Chad Douglas

July 21, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Media Portal 1.4
TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2250

I am trying to get closed captioning working from my ATSC OTA streams.

Tried this guide:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...calization/How_to_get_CC_in_ATSC//QAM_streams

Nothing works. MP seems to "see" the CC1 stream, since I can select it in the Subtitles menu, but I can't get them to render. Ive tried just about everything I can think of to make this work.

Please help.

Chad Douglas

July 21, 2013
Home Country
OK -- I think I've waited long enough before posting an annoying "What, 48 views and no replies?" It's been a week.

Can I get some help here?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Look at the following thread for how to setup ATSC Closed Captions. You need to have/use Cyberlink codecs (Power DVD) and use an updated cppp.ax file to get this working.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/closed-captioning-does-not-appear.120570/

message #8 has a list of wiki pages with setup info.
    message #23 has a zip file with the updated cppp.ax file, use this instead of the "CoreCCParser" file in the wiki link

I'm going to try a few other codec options today and see if other codecs work with the new cppp.ax file.

Chad Douglas

July 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Awesome! I added the new CCCP.ax. Registered it. Added it in post-processing and switched to LAV for TV. Works flawlessly!

I hope this is in 2.0 by default! Hell, I'd even suggest putting it into 1.5.

One more question: Is there any control over how they are displayed? By default, they appear on a black 50% transparent background. Can these options be changed? If so, where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom