MP 1.4 stuck when lauching a video (1 Viewer)

ChatNoir

June 25, 2013
Home Country
France France
Hi, until yesterday I was using MP1.3 and everything was working fine (except for the halfscreen bug). Since 1.4 was fixing that, I decided to upgrade and like often things went bad, the skins looked weird (despite the updates), MP was stuck very often so I decided to go to bed.:sleep:

Today after work, I unistalled every plugin, then did a complete uninstall of MP and finally did a fresh install. Nothing crazy since I only watch Series / Movies from files, no TV capture, music or else :
- MP
- Titan + Titan Extended
- LAVFilters
- MPTVSeries
- Moving Pictures
- Trakt

I took some time rebuilding my MPTVSeries / Moving Picture databases, evertyhing looked fine. I launched MP, Titan was working like it was few days ago.

BUT when I now try to launch a video, MP just stucks and nothing happens. When I try to kill the task, MP "shuts down" but the process won't go away before 10 to 15 minutes. So that's weird too. I also updated my K-Lite to 9.9.5 just to be sure, but no improovement either.

Thanks in advance. :)

PS : yes I saw Distun topic but it didn't feel like what's happening to me.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Codec packs are usually not a good idea. Mp comed with LAC and can handle almost anything.

ChatNoir

June 25, 2013
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, K-Lite was installed for a long time and everything was working fine. Since the update, not so much. If there's no other idea, I'll try remove K-Lite and force an update of LAV through MPEI tomorrow after work, but I doubt that's the matter. (well, probably even thrusday since there will be some heavy drinking tomorrow, but it's not related to the problem at hand :p)

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BUT when I now try to launch a video, MP just stucks and nothing happens. When I try to kill the task, MP "shuts down" but the process won't go away before 10 to 15 minutes. So that's weird too. I also updated my K-Lite to 9.9.5 just to be sure, but no improovement either.

For reproducibilty please try to launch something not from TVSeries. Just add folder to the video files setup for testing. Just trying to eliminate potential issues here.

Logs show that MP does not even try to start playback:
    Code:
    [2013-06-25 21:23:28,872] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - Window: WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin deinit
    [2013-06-25 21:23:28,872] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - TextureManager: CleanupThumbs()
    [2013-06-25 21:23:28,912] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - Window: MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFullscreen init
    [2013-06-25 21:23:28,912] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - Loading AR modes from "movies" section...
    [2013-06-25 21:23:45,172] [Log	] [23	  ] [INFO ] - PowerScheduler: Keep server alive
    [2013-06-25 21:25:01,882] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - D3D: OnPaint()

Don't know what the "Loading AR modes from "movies" section" does. But it also sound like a candidate for issues. Did you do any special configurations here or is everything on default? To be honest, I never saw this line in the logs before.

Also K-Lite and Shark are fine as a codec packs. Just make sure that you check "Automatic Decoder Settings" to let Windows automatically choose stuff you setup with the Codec pack admin tool. Running codec packs (in my case shark) for about three years now.

Last edited:

ChatNoir

June 25, 2013
    Home Country
    France France
    So, on the codec side of things, I checked but within MP, LAV is selected everywhere, except for the Audio renderer which is always DefaulDirectSound Device.
    The video renderer (last codec tab) is on EVR.

As for the configuration, I checked but I didn't see anything crazy.

I tried to launch a video through the Video plugin and it seems to work and when I tried to play a bit with the UI, it froze again. And as before, Series just don't launch.

Other weird stuffs :
    - I tried to put Moving Picture on the Home and Music, Picture, Radio in the plugin area since I'm not using them. When I open MP, Picture, Radio, etc are still on the Home but alsoin the plugins, and Moving Picture is nowhere in sight (neither on the Home or on the plugin part)
    - Trakt opens but just keeps running in circles, nothing happens, I can't even move in the tabs, just quit it

Is my MP haunted ? :D

ChatNoir

June 25, 2013
    Home Country
    France France
    Alright, I found out what was causing all those seemly unrelated problems. Well, I cooled off a bit, tried XBMC and missed MP so much that I came back trying to solve my problem.

It was just that the firewall was not allowing acces to the updated MP, and since it was on full screen, the popup window asking what to do with the app never appeared.

Now, almost everything works, except Moving Picture not appearing on the home screen but that's another problem. Just letting people now, if someone have a similar problem.

No more crashes, no more process staying for long minutes after I closed the app, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom