MP 1.5 mutes sound after standby timeout (when standby is prevented) (1 Viewer)

thewilli

Portal Member
March 3, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi!

Sound works well with my MP 1.5 HTPC (please see my system specs) at first. I am using the PowerScheduler plugin integrated in MP 1.5 and set the timeout to 30min. If I am watching a recorded movie or live TV the sound gets muted after exactly that period.

I looked at the speaker icon in the system tray and the overall volume, but neither is the volume down nor is the master volume muted.

The only way to reactivate the sound that I've figured out yet is to put the HTPC to standby and wake it again. After being waked from standby the sound works again - at least for the next 30 minutes.

I tried to activate the setting "Unmute master volume on start and on leaving away mode" in the Scheduler configuration for the MP client, but that didn't change anything. The next thing I tried was to disable the windows standby and set "PowerScheduler forces system to go to standby when idle" to "(Hybrid) Sleep - S3" - but no change at all.

For this thread I wanted to create debug logs as told in the wiki, but in debug mode neither the problem can be reproduces nor does the HTPC go to sleep when there is no ongoing activity.

If there is anything else I can post please let me know.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had exactly the same problem.
    @michael_t solved it with modifications in PS++ (which is part of MePo core now).

To create a debug log wich captures this szenario:
    -Start MePo in debug mode
    -Start a recording
    -Try to send the PC to sleep
    -PC will go into away mode
    -wakeup the PC
    -close MePo to finish the logging

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Otherwise just use the second option in the debug mode (send Log to plugin dev). That should keep all plugins alive.

thewilli

Portal Member
    March 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to create the logs for few times, but it does not seem to be repeatable and I am not able to generate reasonable logs at the moment.

@megahorst
    Do you know where I could get that modifications as source or binary?

thewilli

Portal Member
    March 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It just happened again. Here are the logs (exported "all logs").

The sound was muted at 19:33 (7.33pm) while I was watching TV after not more than an hour.

Can you get any useful information from the logs?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom