MP 1.6 Final unusable. (1 Viewer)

GuruSR

Portal Member
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 without running it (1.5 was an upgrade from an earlier version, 1.3 I believe).

MediaPortal Configuration fails to open (starts but vanishes).
MediaPortal Starts fine.
MediaPortal Server Configuration works "fine", General tab crashes it (no error, just vanishes).

During ATSC channel scan, it "finds" the channels, but never finds any video or audio for either. I know there isn't anything wrong with the tuner as the original software finds video and sound.

K-World UB-445U. Vista-32Bit (not that would/should matter). The server *did* work with this card in earlier versions prior to 1.5, so I've no idea what happened, but I do know that during the scanning it "found" the channels, but did not show any signal strength/quality bars (which I thought was odd and chalked up to possibly another bug in the configuration).

The service seems to lock the card (couldn't get the card to open in the original card software while it was operational), but can't seem to get any video or audio from it. Service and software are both allowed through the firewall. Attempting to restart the service from the Services plugin seems to delay forever and then it fails.

GuruSR.

EDIT: Not sure what system specs are needed for this: 32bit Vista (SP2), 4GB memory, Terrabytes of drive space available. ASUS mainboard, nVidia 630 video card, again. None of this should matter to a service which doesn't utilize it (the TV service during scanning is talking to the USB card which I did list above). The logs are present (sorry, was quite busy trying to get this all done while being yanked away from the machine for other matters).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom