MP 1.6 slow to autostart (1 Viewer)

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
When MP 1.6 came out I did a complete re-install of windows 8.1 and MP.
I have MP to auto start.
Since the new setup it takes far longer then it did with MP 1.5 to start MP from the desktop.
Before I barely even saw the desktop before MP would start and now there is a good 15-20 seconds bfore it starts to load.
Is there a way to speed up the initialization of MP or something within Win 8.1 to look into?

Thanks,
Mark

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I have the same issue with 1.5 onwards, as I believe many users did.
There were supposed to be changes made that improved the loading times. But it seems to have had the opposite effect.
In my case, and many others from what I have read, I had to set a manual delay in windows task scheduler, otherwise mepo got ahead of windows at startup and crashed on loading.
Maybe some code has been added to mepo 1.6 to auto delay this startup to deal with the issue described?
It doesn't really bother my usage of the system. the functions of the software far outstrip the delayed startup issue.
Would love it if I could streamline windows 7 and have a quicker overall loading time.. But mepo needs things like aero and other services to be enabled to work fully, which means more windows crap running in the background all the time.

In your case, the issues could be related to the way windows 8 uses its hybrid sleep/shutdown methods for the fast booting process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom