MP 1.7.1 Hotfix crashing when running for 2-3 hours... (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I have been playing mediaportal and using the pandora plugin with stream skin and I am getting a lot of crashes from MP. I really don't know how to read the logs so I was hoping that someone could take a look and start pointing me in the right direction?

Thank you very much

-S

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Steve,

Your logs are FULL with EventGhost errors & Music database problems.
    I'd suggest to remove the Music dB from the database folder and set a correct path for EventGhost and then see how it goes.

Also LastFM Radio has completely stopped, so that function is removed in the 1.8 Final release. Maybe an idea to upgrade ;)

Easiest way to figure out what's going wrong is to look @ your MediaPortal-Error log files. Those often give a good indication of the problem.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks Homey as always. So I followed your advice and things were pretty smooth for a while. I created a playlist of videos (bob's burgers season 1) and was playing it in random order and maybe 4-5 episodes into it another crash. BTW, I rebuilt the music database after making the changes that you recommended and that seems to be good now. Are there still event ghost errors? Can you tell how I should try to fix these errors?

Again thanks for the help.

-S

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    and was playing it in random order and maybe 4-5 episodes into it another crash.
    Weird, since i don't see any errors after 5-7:
    [2014-07-05 18:38:03,945] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - EventGhostPlus: Error starting EventGhost, EventGhost path probably not set, run setup.

Could you please delete all log files in the folder and try to reproduce the crash with the playlist?
    The error log is filles with 7186 errors, which makes it kinda hard to read (most are music dB related, but latest are from 4-7 so seems fixed).

About the EventGhost errors: It suggests the path might not be set. Check the settings of the EventGhostPlus plugin and if you've checked the top option 'Submit events locally', then make sure the path to your EventGhost installation is filled.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks for the help. Um...is there an easy way to clear all the logs? Where are they located? I usually get this info automatically when the watchdog runs.

-S

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    and was playing it in random order and maybe 4-5 episodes into it another crash.
    Weird, since i don't see any errors after 5-7:
    [2014-07-05 18:38:03,945] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - EventGhostPlus: Error starting EventGhost, EventGhost path probably not set, run setup.

Could you please delete all log files in the folder and try to reproduce the crash with the playlist?
    The error log is filles with 7186 errors, which makes it kinda hard to read (most are music dB related, but latest are from 4-7 so seems fixed).

About the EventGhost errors: It suggests the path might not be set. Check the settings of the EventGhostPlus plugin and if you've checked the top option 'Submit events locally', then make sure the path to your EventGhost installation is filled.

I think I see a hard crash in Windows event log...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...rashes-with-internal-error-in-the-net-runtime

Seems the error code matches but the thread is way old

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks Homey. So I got up this morning and turned on mediaportal. It started with out a problem. I was doing other things aroudn the house and then 5-10 minutes after starting, came back. I navagated using the arrow keys on my remote (left arrow 5-6 times) and that is when it crashed. I tried looking in the logs but only came up with this line

"
    "7/10/2014 7:17:22 AM";"Service Control Manager";"(0)";"Information";"The Windows Error Reporting Service service entered the running state.";"1073748860"
    "

Is this the error you were talking about? Does this mean that I have recreated the error? Are there other logs that I should clear or include from windows?

I got the hotfix and will install it soon.

-S

P.S. I tried to install the hotfix (with administrator rights) and got this error
    "KB2640103 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom