MP 16 Prerelease Stops tv tuning after a while (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hello MP Team,

a week ago I updated to MP 16 Prerelease. Since than I'm not able to watch tv anymore. After restart of my MP-Server I can watch DVB-S channels but after a while MP telles me there is no active card but TV Service is showing idle ...

There were no issues like that with previus releases and there was no hardware change...

Can You have a look to that problem, please!

Thx
ramu

EDIT:
When no TV watching is possible after a while the DBV-S card (Technotrend 3200) has a red backgroundcolor in manual control view of TV Setup. And trying to restart tv-service failed also from tv setup application as from taskmanager or windows service manger???

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ramu

I hope you're well! :)

Can You have a look to that problem, please!
    Sorry I can't help you with these log files:
    [2017-03-17 15:35:20,484] [Log ] [4 ] [INFO ] - Set loglevel to: Warning

Warning-level log files don't give enough information. Please set the TV Server log level to debug, show/reproduce the problem again, then attach new log files.

Kind regards,
    mm

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi mm,

I'm well, thank You ;-)) Sorry about log-level, I didn't doublecheck...

Meanwhile I reinstalled MP 15 and it runs since yesterday without problems. Before I tried to install MP 2 on a blank system but tv setup crashed several times while scaning astra on DVB-S.

So I'm not quite sure if it's a good idea to have a second try to update tp MP 1.16 Pre?? What do You think? Did You change something to handle BDA driver (Technotrend)???

Next step will be to test with two DVB-S cards but therefore the second cable to the LNB is still missing ;-)) Do You know that DVB-T will be disabled this month in Germany?

On the other hand I tried Fritz!Box Manager but I get only blank screens, I guess it's a stable plugin but the new skins are not supported?

Kind regards
    ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Before I tried to install MP 2 on a blank system but tv setup crashed several times while scaning astra on DVB-S.
    I can't help you with MP2.

So I'm not quite sure if it's a good idea to have a second try to update tp MP 1.16 Pre?? What do You think?
    I think you should try again. :)

Let me put it this way: I'm not aware of any problems in MP 1.16 PR that would cause what you saw. If you don't try to update again, we will have no chance to investigate further. That means any problem in MP 1.16 PR will remain for 1.16 final and not be fixed until 1.17 PR (maybe 6 months from now).

Did You change something to handle BDA driver (Technotrend)???
    No.

Do You know that DVB-T will be disabled this month in Germany?
    Yes. HEVC is supported in MP 1.16 PR, so you could use DVB-T2.

On the other hand I tried Fritz!Box Manager but I get only blank screens, I guess it's a stable plugin but the new skins are not supported?
    Sorry, I've never used Fritz!Box Manager. Without log files I don't know what's wrong. If your guess is right and the skin you're using does not support the plugin, you can contact the skin maintainer (eg. Catavolt for DefaultWideHD) and ask them to add support.

Regards,
    mm

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Deam mm,

You are right without challange no improvement ;-)) So I updated to Pre 16! TV is running without any problems, so I think one of the several reinstalled DBA driver made answered the question. I think windows and the DBA driver had a problem...

But please have a look to the actual logs. I have the problem that more and more EPG informations are missing in program info. And as wiriten before Fritz!box plugin do not display any information. There is only a grey panel. I tried with Titan, DefauldWide and PureVision. Plugin seems to work because caller information are displayed in the upper screen??

And I do not know how to show my own wirtten plugin in Home screen. In MP setup I chose inHome but in pureVision only a blanc postition is shown without any reaction????

Best regards
    ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But please have a look to the actual logs. I have the problem that more and more EPG informations are missing in program info.
    I can only advise you to check your EPG grabber configuration.

And as wiriten before Fritz!box plugin do not display any information.
    In the log files the Fritz!box plugin is disabled, so I cannot see anything. If you want to show me problems with plugins, use Watchdog option 2.

And I do not know how to show my own wirtten plugin in Home screen. In MP setup I chose inHome but in pureVision only a blanc postition is shown without any reaction????
    Sorry I can't help you with this. I'm mostly only able to help with TV problems.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Very welll, EPG configuration is as usual see attached screenshot. Also I choose grap als grouped channels and german an english..
    Can You see if it's a problem with the quality of signal strange???

Also find attached tog with option 2 for a look to fritz!box plugin perhaps you can see a hint why it's not running als it should ;-))

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 22 22.09.jpg
      ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 22 22.09.jpg
      106.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    EPG configuration is as usual see attached screenshot.
    I don't see any problem there.

Can You see if it's a problem with the quality of signal strange???
    I don't see a problem with signal strength/quality.

Maybe you just need to be more patient? The grabber has to get EPG from 20 transponders. That can take awhile.

Also find attached tog with option 2 for a look to fritz!box plugin perhaps you can see a hint why it's not running als it should ;-))
    Log file says:
    [2017-03-22 20:38:50,162] [Error ] [8 ] [ERROR] - FRITZ!Box Manager: FritzBox: Failed to connect with FRITZ!Box NAS share
    [2017-03-22 20:38:50,859] [Error ] [8 ] [ERROR] - FRITZ!Box Manager: Fritz: Login to FRITZ!Box failed

Later there are lots of other "null reference" errors like this:
    [2017-03-22 20:42:19,866] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei FritzBox.FritzBox.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

...but I guess the connect/login failure is the most important.

So in short: I suggest to check the plugin configuration.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Thx, I tried my very best but failed with this config. I wrote a thread in the fritzbox manager forum, perhaps my fritz box ist not compatible???
    EPG was realy a wait for a long time topic...
    Regards
    ramu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom