MP 2.0 MyTV No Signal - picture freeze (2 Viewers)

gag_reflex

Portal Member
September 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Hmmm I'm seeing very similar problems. If there's a 'glitch' in reception the picture and sound freezes.. Often I can just change one channel up, wait for picture then change back to the original channel to get things working again.

It seems MP doesn't reciver too well from reception glitches????

miljbee

Portal Pro
November 11, 2005
Orléans, France
Home Country
France France
I confirm that there is still some problem with the tv engine. I am experiencing the same problems. After some time, picture freezes with mp. It doesn't seem to occur with the soft from hauppauge.

When picture is frozen :
If i wait some time. let's say from 1 minute to 15 minutes without doing anything, then picture comes back.
If i restart mp, it's ok

So there might be a problem with the quality of the signal, but the fact is that sometimes, it freezes the picture within mp, but not with other soft, si i think there is a small, pb with mp.

I have another pb with TV.
When TS is on, sometimes, i can not change channel :
i press the channel number on the remote
the box with the channel name appears on the bottom left, then disepear, but channel hasn't change. Most of the time switching to another channel solves the problem.

I know that mp team is working hard on TV engine 3, but it would be great if those problems could be solved.

Thx

MediaPortal Version:
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: Athlon XP 2500+
HDD:
Memory: 512 DDR
Motherboard: Asrock KT7VT4A Pro
Motherboard Chipset: VIA KT400 A
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia GForce 4200 TI
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: AC97
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 1300
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: Latest from hauppauge
[MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Wood - Self Made
Cooling: bundled with cpu
Power Supply: LC Power Green PSU
Remote: MCE
TV: Philips P329595
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
wow thats an unusual resolution you are running in the first message, miljbee, yours may be experiencing this problem because of the Ti4200, it may be having a problem with the tv and taking more strain on the cpu causing the picture freezes randomly

portal user

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Solved

Hi All,
Thank you for your comments. I really appreaciate them.

Problem turned out to in the FloppyDTV-C card.
I ran a test viewing unencrypted free-to-air channel, ang guess what. No Freezing. So it was only en encrypted channels.
Then I changed the CAM, and the problem persisted.
Then I changed the FireDTV-C card (still using original CAM) and the problem was solved.

I had some communication with digital-everywhere support, but must say, they was not very responsive.

Best Regards and thanks

elektrik

Portal Member
January 17, 2007
Hi All,
Thank you for your comments. I really appreaciate them.

Problem turned out to in the FloppyDTV-C card.
I ran a test viewing unencrypted free-to-air channel, ang guess what. No Freezing. So it was only en encrypted channels.
Then I changed the CAM, and the problem persisted.
Then I changed the FireDTV-C card (still using original CAM) and the problem was solved.

I had some communication with digital-everywhere support, but must say, they was not very responsive.

Best Regards and thanks

See now, that's interesting. I had the same problem-every 5 minutes my tv would just "freeze". It didn't matter how long I waited-it *never* came back (had to end mediaportal.exe in the task manager to "reset" it). In my particular case, I had to disable two way communication in the Directv tune plugin and the problem improved, although the jury is still out as to whether it's completely gone...I'll let you know

andreavb

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
I'm experiencing the same with a Jepssen Sat card (hauppauge Nova SE2 compatible). the channel freezes from time to time, but this happens only when watching one particular channel (not encrypted), MP won't hung but I have to change channels up and then down to resume the streaming. the problem is that when this happens during recording it results in a truncated recording...:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom