Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I guess current version is also working for MP2.1.1, MP2.1.2 and MP2.1.3.
    Yes, it does, I'm using it daily for automated database (MediaLibrary and TV Database) backup.

Because the DB will change once again with MP2.2,
    The database backup function will work as long as the database file names did not change. It's due to an universal SQLite feature used for this. And even if the file names are changing it is a 5 second fix to make MP2.1 B&R running again (Just change the value of a global constant). Only backup/restore of the watched flags will not work with 2.2 and it's user management, I'm sure.

Are you already working on that?
    upload_2017-12-29_7-36-2.png

Yesterday I've setup a MP 2.2 single seat system on my bedroom PC (two MP2 server in one network are working properly...) Right at the moment I'm importing tons of media into it, as I need a filled Database for developing... Today or tomorrow I will start investigating what has changed inside the db and how I can export / import the watched flags...

Bigger changes are needed because now I need to store/import the watched flags for every registered user separately... So it will take some time before I'm done with this...

To keep the code clean and save space in the GUI I will drop support for MP 2.0 as I don't think anyone out there still uses MP 2.0. MP 2.1 will be supported until MP 2.3 comes out, and so on...

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Glad to see this is being worked on for MP2.2 already.

Just a heads up on the existing 1.1.15 restore on MP 2.1 when I have had to restore watched flags it only applies to one client and seems dependent on what client is added to the server first. Ie. old server client A has movies X, Y, Z marked watched and client B has them marked unwatched. After restore on new server client B is added to the server before client A and client B ends up with movies X, Y, Z marked watched and client A doesn't get any watched flags restored.

Not sure if that situation will cause issues with watched flag restore from 2.1 to 2.2 but this will give you something to think about ahead of time.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    After restore on new server client B is added to the server before client A
    This is a known issue and is caused by an only partly implemented "user" management in MP 2.1 Different clients internally are threaded as different users but without letting the real user decide which client is which user. So MP 2.1 B&R has taken the "first" user in the list as the user to store the watched flags for because it was not possible to store them for a specific user or for all users. The first "user" most likely is the main client, that's why this decision was done this way....

This will be much better in MP 2.2 where the "Admin" will have full control over the users and watched flags could be stored for a specific user. At least I hope so ;) as I first need to have a deep look into the MP 2.2 database before I really can judge that...

Not sure if that situation will cause issues with watched flag restore from 2.1 to 2.2
    As I need this desperately for myself (40.000 series episodes no way to set all the watched flags manually) I won't stop developing until this will work flawlessly

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Could I use this tool to transfer my MP2.x setup from 1 server to another? I've been testing it out on a test server and I think I'm ready to try and start using MP2 on my proper live setups around the house in place of MP1.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I don't think it's that simple. Afaik there is a GUID stored in the database representing the system ID. This will not be upgraded if you transfer the database from one system to another. And the network name of the server system also is stored somewhere in the DB and/or config files...
    At least you need to edit a lot of config .xml files to match the new (or old depends on the point of view) system ID. Easiest is to (re-) install MP2 after copying the new files over to Program Data.

So step by step:

1. Install MP2 on the new system.
    2. Stop MP2 Server on the new system
    3. Copy Program Data folder over from old to new system.
    4. Install MP2 on the new system again.

The last step acts like an upgrade and hopefully will use the old config xml and the old system ID.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This tool is no longer be developed or maintained. There is a new tool named "MediaPortal2-Buddy" that will do it's work and much more,
    You can find the new tool here:
    MediaPortal2-Buddy
    This thread will be closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom