MP 2 Client code confuse (1 Viewer)

longkerdandy

Portal Member
July 21, 2008
Hi

I've briefly go through the MP2 Client's code.
It seems you write all the code your own, like the MessageQueue, DependencyInjection and so on.
Do you ever thought to use any infrastructure framework like Prism/MEF/etc ?

And I specially don't understand the Skin system.
Seems it using WPF, but it has custom XAML parser, so it is not a standard WPF?
What is the benefit of this?
And I can't seems to preview it under VS or Blend.

If it is a standard WPF app with MVVM design.
We can also change the skin by changing the View Module or totally View & View-Module.

Now it introduce extra code complex.

longkerdandy

Portal Member
July 21, 2008
Thanks redeye

I can see you want a skin-ble UI, and keep identical user experience.
But I still want to say, with a M-V-VM WPF design, we can have a skin-ble UI by changing V+VM.
It may not provided identical ui experience, but that's not a big problem, isn't it?
Thus we have a full power from WPF, and develop a plugin won't need to learn extra knowledge.

Another thing I want to say is, maybe we should prepare for the Metro and Win8.
IMHO, it would be better MP2 act as the Metro Shell, and each plugin act as a independent app in Metro.
We need a Screen/Dashboard/Shell, seperated with the plugin dependency.
This also useful to migrate major plugins to Windows TV, assume MS will release a TV product shipped with Metro UI.

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Metro idea is far going !! It would really be great that development of possibilities not to end on next version of OS :)

I do not see any post from devteam (and would appreciate to see such) about next understanding of OS integration/development assuracnce. MP2 will be realeased on time when Win8 will be launched and we all worry about changes...

Win8 possible embbeded option may be one will will enable MP to be installed on "lite" client or smart TV.

TEAM: what is your vision?

Arturas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom