MP 2 for new HTPC build? (1 Viewer)

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am building an HTPC with Windows 8.1 x64, a blu-ray writer, and an HD HomeRun Dual. My plans are to play commercial blu-ray movies (using AnyDVD HD). I will also be using the HTPC to view videos on the web, as well as play my mp3 library that is on a server.

What I would like to know is does MP 2 have the ability to run the disk menu if it is a java script menu - unlike MP 1 that cannot do this? I am looking for a solid build, however, if, IMHO, there are compelling reasons that MP 2 should be used over MP 1, I will.

Thanks.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome wiyosaya,

If you're looking for integrated Blu-ray menu support, then MP1 is the way to go. For now you have to use the BDHandler plugin to play the BDJ discs, but we're working hard on BDJ support (and we're close).

wiyosaya

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for your reply, Jeroen.

Everything the MP developers are doing looks great, and I am a big fan of the software. I'm looking forward to future releases.

I will look into the BDHandler plugin.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ummm... where would this plugin be located? I can't seem to find it in a search of the Downloads section.

(Since I'm planning to use MP2 in a similar fashion, it might be good to know... :) )
    The plugin is not available for MP2. There might be native support meanwhile, but I never tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom