MP 2 - Status of ATSC and HDPVR support with new TV Engine? (1 Viewer)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Good afternoon,

I was curious what the current status is of the ATSC and HDPVR support in the new TV Engine? I have seen various things on the forums, but haven't seen anything regarding what the current status is for support of these two items. Also, does the SchedulesDirect plug-in work in the new TV Engine?

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not polished.
    Scanning and tuning should work, but scanning won't pick up channel names correctly.
    CableCARD tuner support is untested and very possibly broken.

Untested. May work; may not. I've been hoping somebody would pluck up the courage and try it so I can fix any problems.

SchedulesDirect
    No. It is on my TODO list. In the meantime it may be possible to use mc2xml to pull the SD data, and import it with the XMLTV plugin.

Regards,
    mm

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    No. It is on my TODO list. In the meantime it may be possible to use mc2xml to pull the SD data, and import it with the XMLTV plugin.

for MePo1 xmltv plugin works with SD/mc2xml, make sure you download the newest mc2xml version to login to SD with your user/passwd

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    I might be game to test this out with you after the new year. I only have ATSC devices, and an HD-PVR, but would need SchedulesDirect data (either through the plugin RonD describes above), or some other fashion. I'm really hopeful that the guy coding the uPNP server functionality is successful in coding a uPNP client so I can use my other uPNP sources (PlayOn.tv) within MediaPortal. Right now, I have to switch back and forth between MP and Playstation 3 lol.

Do we know if the XBMC plugin works with the new TVServer, or if there is something in the works for that, as well? I still have one client in my basement that runs XBMC, since I didn't want to dedicate a Windows license to that PC just yet.

Thanks!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Do we know if the XBMC plugin works with the new TVServer
    This I can answer and unfortunately the answer is No. As the XBMC Plugin is developed by a "XBMC- guy" you need to ask in kodi.tv forum. I've done this already without any response. But with every new question the will to answer may rise...

SchedulesDirect data
    If SD can deliver xml data in any way you will be able to use it on both, old and new TV engine. The xmltv plugin is working identical in both versions of TVE...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom