MP accessing strange web site. (1 Viewer)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Launching MP this morning I happened to be watching resource monitor and noticed MP was accessing a web site 108.162.206.86 which tracks to a CloudFlare account and CloudFlare would not provide which web site was accessed. I could see other web sites accessed by name. I have the following plugins: IMDbPlus, Moving Pictures, MyFilms, and Titan Skin Updater and the standards: Home/Music/Pictures/Play Disc/Radio/Rss News/Settings/Topbar/TV/Videos. I am very leery of software accessing hidden remote sites. I am going to research what I think it may be. However, someone on the web site probably knows. Which plugin/product is using CloudFlare? I also have Schedules Direct installed on my MP server system. This link popped up on my desktop viewer only system. I suspicion some common web link that has been redirected. Question is: for what purpose?

Thanks for a great system MP.

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks. Interesting as I do not have fanart.tv installed. MyFilms states if I am going to use .... I have to have it so I am guessing it is the culprit.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You need to get the movie posters and background pictures that MovPic and MyFilms are displaying from somewhere, don't you? ;)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    It was not MyFilms it was Moving Pictures. I supply all the graphic and file information from my movie database, Moviecollector. At least, thanks to your help, I know what IP it is, not something strange. It seems there are a couple of these in Moving Pictures. fanart.tv and an Amazon site were the 2 I caught going by. Thanks for the dialogue. With all the grab and capture going on in the world today, mostly by commercial sites. It is nice to know who is receiving data from your computer. Send (B/sec) stayed long enough I could look it up and it was still going. Thus my concern. For fanart, posters etc. I would expect the Receive (B/sec) to be much greater and stay longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom