MP activity on harddrive when idle? (1 Viewer)

PHN2

Portal Member
September 12, 2005
Denmark
Hi.

Searched the bugs, but couldt find any:

When MP 2rc2 latest cvs is at idle it makes somekind of activity on my harddrive every to seconds or something. ctr + alt + delete says about 30 % cpu usage? Cant figure out what it is...rc1 didnt do this on my system...Has shaved all my services and likewise down, but the problem persists. Any pointers?

Kind regard, Per.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Per

Was this a clean install as in, all old databases were deleted.
    If not have had similar experience, delete everything apart from Thumbs within MP folder, after backing it up of course, have had no problem with that folder you may have to re import any databases, but check no problems youve been experiencing still exist.

Ray 8)

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP makes harddrive activity every second when timeshifting. Maybe that's the reason?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately you didn't use the support template, but reading from your signature you have a dvb-s card for which MP does automatic EPG grabbing in the background. So if MP is idle it gets the data from the dvb-stream and puts into the database on the hd. This may cause CPU usage and hdd activity. Try to disable this feature in the config and check back!

Maschine

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, this is not the case - I noticed it even longer..
    Perhaps since mem leak fixed 0.1.3 CVS I never had a MP install which didn't access the hard disk every 2-3 seconds. I already darkend my LED due to this behaviour.
    CPU usage in Home menu is dependend on graphics memory and exclusive directx mode for me..

I'd be lucky for my HDDs if there is a possibility to stop this.
    Btw: You can use a tool from http://www.sysinternals.com/FileAndDiskUtilities.html to check this..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom