MP and config start problem (.net?) (1 Viewer)

diverdeep

Portal Member
May 29, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP mediacenter2005
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Geforce FX5600 256mb
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVr1300
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

hallo, I was using old version of MP without problems. I have now installed 0.2.2.0 and the last snapshot. When the installation is finished I run configuration and set all TV channel (analog and DVB-T). MP work without problem and I can see and record TV.
I shut down MP and then even if I try to start config or the main MP application, I'got this message error:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : mediaportal.exe P2 : 0.0.0.0 P3 : 45db8b74
P4 : system.xml P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4333ae70 P7 : 6b1 P8 : 27
P9 : system.xml.xmlexception

i have tried to reinstall .NET 2.0 but without results.
Anyone can help?
Amny thanks

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Did you delete your MediaPortal folder before installing? According to your error some XML file is broken. Might be old settings.

If you are sure that all XML files are ok and ONLY XML files from a fresh installation are in your folders, attach your MediaPortal.log to this thread.

diverdeep

Portal Member
May 29, 2006
Hallo, thanks for answer. yes I've delete MP folders before installing. I attach my mediaportal.log file.
Many thanks again

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I guess that's a log from your last working session. No obvious problems in there.

Other than suggesting to remove it all and reinstall again, I have no clue what might be the problem.

So you have .NET 2.0 properly installed? Also all windows updates?

Maybe someone else has an idea...

diverdeep

Portal Member
May 29, 2006
I've retried and I have find this: if I close the tvtuner on "myTV" and then I close MP I'm able to restart MP and or MPsetup. If I leave TV on and shut down MP, I cannot start again MP or setup and I have do disinstall and reinstall all to have it working.

GingerMohawk

February 25, 2007
Glasgow
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
Maybe the MediaPortal Proccess is still running even when you close the program down, if it is that can effect it restarting > ctrl+atl+del to get into task manager and then select the processes tab look for the medai portal processes and if it's running stop it, this will allow you to restart media portal.

Hope that helps

diverdeep

Portal Member
May 29, 2006
no, this is not the problem. Even if I restart the pc or shut down and restart, MP or MP setup do not start anymore. I have to uninstall and reinstall all.

GingerMohawk

February 25, 2007
Glasgow
Home Country
Hi mate,
Have you tried unistalling MP and then reinstalling the latest version only as in not instaling the latest snapshot onto of it, it could be that it's unstable for you?

Sounds as though it could be a problem with the TV side of things, when i installed MP for the first time i had a problem getting MP TV to go into fullscreen mode, the answer was to reinstall XP.

Don't know what else it could be.

Cheers

Pom

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Gloucester
Home Country
I can confirm this problem. This is what i did:
- Uninstalled previous MP installation (0.2.2.0) and 'deleted' Mediaportal folder (i actually just renamed it)
- Re-installed 0.2.2.0
- Installed SVN snapshot from today (12.41pm)
- Ran Configuration.exe and set-up Mediaportal how i usually have it
- Ran Mediaportal
- Closed Mediaportal down with TV still running
- Cannot start Configuation.exe anymore! I didn't take note of the error message but it was probably the same as above.

My solution after various attempts to fix it was to delete this new installation and revert back to my old 0.2.2.0 stable release version.

It's very annoying as this is the second time i've tried to install an SVN on top of my 0.2.2.0 in an attempt to fix all the (mainly) Powerscheduler bugs i have with this version and have just ended up with loads of error messages and a non-functional installation.

- Why does Autostart throw up an exception error which prevents it being configured - is there a new one to use with the latest SVN's?

- With SVN's is it possible to edit the 'Version' in the References.xml file for the MePo_Green_Wide skin to suppress the error message you get on Mediaportal startup?

So i've decided to stay put with 0.2.2.0 until the next stable release!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom