MP and Diseqc 1.2 - Motor (1 Viewer)

S

serbans

Hi all !

This is my first post in this forum, and I want to congratulate the authors for this lovely piece of software.

Now for the question:

Has anybody managed to use MP with diseqc 1.2 (that is to move automatically a motorised antenna) ? I am using a SS2 card. Will it ever work ?

I am looking for a feature similar with the ones in ProgDVB/MyTheatre/DVB viewer, where you can have multiple satellites and select them via Diseqc 1.2 (motor, not switch!).

I already tried with the Diseqc plugin 1.8 that was working for the above mentioned programs, together with the MD plugger (SoftCSA, but everytime I select a channel I get an error from the Diseqc plugin.

I tried all versions up to 0.1.1.1. of MP, but with no luck.

Thanks a lot,

Serban

PIV 3.0 GHz
512MB
ATi 9600
SATA 160Gb
Skystar 2 (with Mibi modified 4.3.0 drivers)

A

Anonymous

serbans said:
Hi all !

This is my first post in this forum, and I want to congratulate the authors for this lovely piece of software.

Now for the question:

Has anybody managed to use MP with diseqc 1.2 (that is to move automatically a motorised antenna) ? I am using a SS2 card. Will it ever work ?

I am looking for a feature similar with the ones in ProgDVB/MyTheatre/DVB viewer, where you can have multiple satellites and select them via Diseqc 1.2 (motor, not switch!).

I already tried with the Diseqc plugin 1.8 that was working for the above mentioned programs, together with the MD plugger (SoftCSA, but everytime I select a channel I get an error from the Diseqc plugin.

I tried all versions up to 0.1.1.1. of MP, but with no luck.

Thanks a lot,

Serban

PIV 3.0 GHz
512MB
ATi 9600
SATA 160Gb
Skystar 2 (with Mibi modified 4.3.0 drivers)

Hi,

there will never support for DiSEqC greater then 1.0

its not supported by Technisat nor by B2C2 Inc.

greets
agree

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    problem with discecq 1.2 is that
    it requires a fair amount of power to drive the motor
    the TV capture cannot deliver this power and would
    probably burn if you tried

Frodo

S

serbans

Hi !

This is not a very constructive approach....

The Diseqc 1.2 support for SS2 (at least) exists in other standalone DVB packages, as I mentioned, with unsupported/modified drivers and plugins.

I am not talking about recommending it to anyone, I am talking about introducing support for it, and letting each one decide if they go this way or not. CPU overclocking is not supported either, but a lot of people are doing it, taking the risk of destroying their own hardware.

So, is it possible to look into this ?

Thanks a lot,
    Serban

P

pako

I have been useing diseq 1.2 now with ss2 card and stab120 motor and 1.2 channel master dish for 2 years now..still hasnt burnt out...
    cheers
    pako

first407

Portal Member
    November 9, 2005
    Norway
    What program are you using for Diseqc 1.2? Do you know if there is possible to upgrade a BDA driver for Skystar so you can use Diseqc 1.2 and motor switching?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am pretty sure MY theatre supports this. I am using My theatre as my TV for now, because MP will not pull down any of the channels from the satellites I am hitting. If someone could come up with a plugin that would allow my theatre to be integrated with MP... that would probably solve most of our problems with what some of us are trying to do.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    bda drivers are not available for ss2 afaik, but you can use the updated drivers in my theatre for driving your motor...and it works well.
    dont waste your time trying to config the dvb-s plugin in mp it's not good for serious sat use, as asidie wrote the only hope is that someone comes up with a plugin for mt then we would have an all-in-one solution.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom