MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Firstly, just stumbled upon MP after using nearly every possible PVR software out there.I must say after download nearly every feature works "out of the box" on such a new DVB-S Hybrid Card.Alas the only feature that seems to be the problem is full screen mode.As soon as I activate the OSD I get a diagonal line across the viewing screen and the application freezes.Only way out is ctrl-at-del task manager end task.I know that it is recommended that I have a seperate video card but so far with all other PVR software this has not been a problem.Just wondering at first glance has anyone else come across this problem.

p.s. My sincerest wishes to the developer(s) for a fantastic piece of application software.It is hard to believe that our so called multinational software companies could not come up with such eloquent design that is actually usuable across most hardware applications.

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi Mercedes

I use MediaPortal on a main HTPC with a pair of HVR-4000s for DVB-S (and hopefully DVB-T when I move shortly)and a PVR-500 for analogue TV.

I use a recent SVN of TVE3, MediaPortal 0.2.3 RC2 + recent SVN and have not had the problems that you describe.

Is your graphics chip DirectX 9 compatible and have you DirectX 9.0c installed? I think both of these are needed to ensure that VMR 9 which is used by MediaPortal for the OSD works correctly.

This is just a thought that may or may not help.

Mew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom