MP and MePo 1.6pre (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

after updating (not reinstalling) to MePo 1.6pre, MP causes MePo to crash when a new file is added to the watched folders.
    From movingpictures.log:
    Code:
    23-Nov-2013 10:12:44 Error [  DBField]: Error writing to DBLocalMedia.FullPath Property: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht.

From mediaportal.log:
    Code:
    [2013-11-23 10:12:44,932] [Error  ] [46      ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    [2013-11-23 10:12:44,949] [Log    ] [46      ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.FormatException: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
      bei System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
      bei System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
      bei Cornerstone.Database.Tables.DatabaseTable.LoadByRow(Row row)
      bei Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.Get(Type tableType, ICriteria criteria)
      bei Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.Get[T](ICriteria criteria)
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.DBLocalMedia.GetAll(String fullPath, String volumeSerial)
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.DBLocalMedia.Get(String fullPath, String volumeSerial)
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.OnFileAdded(Object source, FileSystemEventArgs e)
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnCreated(FileSystemEventArgs e)
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
      bei System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)  Message: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.  Site  : Void StringToNumber(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, NumberBuffer ByRef, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo, Boolean)  Source : mscorlib  Stack Trace:    bei System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
      bei System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
      bei Cornerstone.Database.Tables.DatabaseTable.LoadByRow(Row row)
      bei Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.Get(Type tableType, ICriteria criteria)
      bei Cornerstone.Database.DatabaseManager.Get[T](ICriteria criteria)
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.DBLocalMedia.GetAll(String fullPath, String volumeSerial)
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.DBLocalMedia.Get(String fullPath, String volumeSerial)
      bei MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.OnFileAdded(Object source, FileSystemEventArgs e)
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnCreated(FileSystemEventArgs e)
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
      bei System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
      bei System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you run a development/pre edition of MediaPortal, the least you can do is run a development edition of MovingPictures that has a ton of fixes included (almost 50 fixes changesets, containing fixes that are not included in official/stable release).

You can install Visual Studio and compile your own current version of Moving-Pictures, or you can grab v1.5.2:1528 from the IMDb+ download section that is pre-compiled. Might still cause an issue though, due to the .NET framework changes scheduled for MePo 1.6. I actually planned to update my own box to 1.6 this weekend to verify IMDb+ will work as-is, which means I will find out quickly if that MovPic build works.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for reporting an instability with the current official release with a pre-MP-version. I thought this'd be of interest, as it is likely to cause problems with the final 1.6 release. And I thought, the earlier one's aware of a bug, the earlier one might fix this bug and rellease a new, official version...

...of course I could install an unofficial release, then you might have ranted at me that this is not an official version. Or I could compile a new version myself (if I was into programming and knew how to do that, which I am not), then this'd be the same.

So, please, next time before you get rude, think before you post.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The existing version of MovPic has serious import issues already on any version of MediaPortal, and I thought you were already aware of that. Just frustrated that fixes put forth in April that fix this, as well as other fixes, are still not bundled up in a new release. It does not make any difference to me, I will run a fresh version from development.

Was not meant to be rude; so if you took it that way, nothing I can do about it. And a build from the main stable development branch that has no source code parts modified is not exactly an unofficial release, but more an unsupported build. Granted some changesets might not have had a review yet and need minor fixes, but it's still official code. If that 'version' fixes your problem, then you would not have ranted to begin with. Reporting problems with changesets not yet part of the installer is good, because it can then still be re-fixed before a new official installer is released.

Otherwise it is like reporting to the MediaPortal development team "DPI on Windows 8 doesn't work on MediaPortal 1.5" (the official release), and be told it is fixed in the development build of 1.6.0, but do that before November 19th when the pre is released, you have the exact same situation. I could flood the forum as well with crash reports and tons of bugs that exist in MediaPortal 1.5, however I check on Forum/Mantis/JIRA first to see if they are not already aware of it.

For MovingPictures you can do that at: http://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/source/list

Changeset r1478 is what Moving-Pictures v1.5.1 uses. So if you got a problem with 1.5.1, but it was fixed in the 1.5.2:1528 build that I provided for users with no ability to compile from source themselves, then there is no need to report the bug at all and you can enjoy MediaPortal the way it is meant to be.

Rude, right?

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do *NOT* report any bugs if you plan to run this version, unless you are able to repeat the problem on the official latest release of Moving-Pictures and/or know how to properly report bugs on a test-build.

From http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/d...s.v1.5.2.1528.For-Testing-Purpose.7z&can=2&q=

I try to report with my best efforts, but I am an end user, so the only things I can do is to support things by reporting bugs where I run into them and donate to the project. And I will continue to do so with my limited knowledge about the project. But I have - as others - a job and a family to care about, please do not expect me to know where to dig in a huge forum to find more or less official releases, test builds etc.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No problem, I hope that test-build fixes things for ya (feedback would be appreciated if it does).

If you need help getting your skin files to work, let me know (it's like details info page that freaks out on some label). If you use Default, DefaultWide or Titan, you can download the skin file via that link posted in the description of the link you just pasted. An installer would make this much easier, an MPE1 would make this an almost automatic process, unfortunatly the MovPic project owner is also dealing with job/family/etc, which is why there hasn't been a new release out in a long time.

As for that comment, I indeed accounted for users who might try this test-build and report an issue that was already notified/fixed. If you have an error on official 1.5.1 release and it works on that v1.5.2, then there is no need to report. If 1.5.2 gives an error, and there is none when you downgrade to v1.5.1, then one of the fixes did not work and introdued a new problem. This is extremly important information, because the developers can then narrow it down to only those recent changesets.

You posted only a small section of the log file originally, which a lot of time is not enough to diagnose what happened and fix it. That is why MediaPortal created a shortcut specifically for end-users to enable all the right debug modes and generate a ZIP file containing all the logs. If the link by itself is not enough there is info on the wiki/forum/manual/etc on how to submit log files. So when you posted with short snipplets, a developer would immediatly assume that you know what you are doing, excluded all the problems leading up to the final error and verified that nothing concurrent was the problem, such as a conflicting plugin.

PS: Don't forget to add 'collections' as a new dynamic category. You need to use a compatible scraper-script such as the included TMDb or seperate one such as IMDb+ to get the info, which means you do need to 'refresh' your collection to use it, but this also then gives you the other new features such as plot_keywords and release_date. Skin adjustments are needed to display them, but you can also use them to build advanced filters, for example to show all the movies that have a mini-clip after the credits end.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you!
    No problem, I hope that test-build fixes things for ya (feedback would be appreciated if it does).

It seems to do so, no problem with moving a new file to the watched folder at the moment. But had to reimport some movies after upgrading to the test version, but the scraper seems to be a lot better than before.

You posted only a small section of the log file originally, which a lot of time is not enough to diagnose what happened and fix it. That is why MediaPortal created a shortcut specifically for end-users to enable all the right debug modes and generate a ZIP file containing all the logs. If the link by itself is not enough there is info on the wiki/forum/manual/etc on how to submit log files. So when you posted with short snipplets, a developer would immediatly assume that you know what you are doing, excluded all the problems leading up to the final error and verified that nothing concurrent was the problem, such as a conflicting plugin.

This was intentional indeed, as I was fiddling around a lot in the last days and this led to huge log files. And as my daughter was watching a movie at that time, I just grabbed the relevant info from the log files instead of running debug mode (while my log file detail level is set to debug as default).

PS: Don't forget to add 'collections' as a new dynamic category. You need to use a compatible scraper-script such as the included TMDb or seperate one such as IMDb+ to get the info, which means you do need to 'refresh' your collection to use it, but this also then gives you the other new features such as plot_keywords and release_date. Skin adjustments are needed to display them, but you can also use them to build advanced filters, for example to show all the movies that have a mini-clip after the credits end.
    Thanks, but I don't think that I'll make heavy use of that. With my current skin (current StreamedMP version) no problems so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom