MP and Microsoft Media Connect (1 Viewer)

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
Just wondering if anyone out there has tried running MP along with Microsoft Windows Media Connect 2.0?

I've just downloaed it and set it up on my MP machine and so far no issues. I've been streaming video to another PC while watching live TV on MP and so far all is good.

If anything pops up I'll report back.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
jeffp said:
I've been streaming video to another PC while watching live TV on MP and so far all is good.

Thanks for the information. Quick question.
Is the Microsoft Media Connect download both a client and server, or would I need additional client software to play media on a second PC?

Thanks in advance,
patrick

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
Microsoft Media Connect is a server only. You will need some type of uPnP client to view the data. This can be either a software client or hardware device.

So far I've had no issues with Media Connect and MP on the same box.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
jeffp said:
Microsoft Media Connect is a server only. You will need some type of uPnP client to view the data. This can be either a software client or hardware device.

So far I've had no issues with Media Connect and MP on the same box.

Thanks for the answer!

patrick

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
Just so there is no confusion about what Media Connect can do. It can only stream recorded vidoe and music not live TV. If you want to stream live TV you will need to look at a different product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom