mp and win7 64 bit (1 Viewer)

redknight

Portal Member
February 15, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been having problems getting mp to work reliably with my system. The following information has been requested.

windows 7 home premium version 6.1.7600 build 7600
Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz, 2803 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
intell (r) g41 graphics processor
motherboard couldn't find it
ram = 4 gig
x64 based pc
single terabyte hard drive

It seems I just can't get a solid signal from my pinnacle systems tuner card. I know it works with mp because I sometimes get a signal, by internal antenna, from 2 binghamton stations. When it works I can watch the program or record it. Not absolutely sure if it records since I haven't been able to recall it. I am willing to post any info that won't expose myself or others to problems. Such as my product key. I really would like to get mp working right.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
What is the type has your tuner -DVB-T or DVB-C or analog?
can you post logs (when you do have problems) as described here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files ?

and please fill your system specs for forum (for future use) http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/1_System_Specs?highlight=forum system specs

Also, please, in the future try to give more descriptive names (e.g. "unstable TV signal" or "continuity problems with LiveTV") to your topics. Current name doesn't help to search for it at all as it contains no keywords to your problem.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    redknight,

It would help if we had a little more info about your location (city/zipcode), the model number of your tuner card, and the type of signals you are trying to receive.

Looking at your message, I'm assuming you are in the US, Binghamton NY??, and trying to receive OverTheAir (OTA) ATSC TV using an antenna.

To get a good idea of the stations you can receive in your area/address you can go to www.tvfool.com. The following link has the starting point for entering your address info to get a good picture of the signals you can receive. Assuming you are in Binghamton NY, it looks like that is a hilly area its possible you are in behind hills that might block TV reception.
    http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=1

I used a general Binghamton zipcode = 13905 location and tvfool shows the following.
    http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=1dda757e705b30

The first 4 stations in the list are local WBNG, WSKG, WIVT WICZ and you should be able to get those stations if you are not behind a hill. You will probably need at least "rabbit ears" to get these stations but it depends on your location. The "path" column shows these stations are "LOS" (Line of Sight) for the zip=13905 location. Most of the other stations are "1Edge" or "2Edge" (behind hills) and would be hard to receive in that area.

redknight

Portal Member
    February 15, 2013
    Home Country
    I have gotten good results with pinnacle systems 800i tuner choosing the analog option. At this point I am more interested in receiving what comes in on my cable Time warner. The cable should make hills irrevalent.
    Those links will require carefull attention to if I am going to get the information to the right place.
    I know you found my on the air stations from what I know of the area etc. I may not get them all as some were stubborn at best.
    It has taken me most of the day but I think I have folowed your instructions and made the requested information available. If something, or everything, is missing let me know and I will try again. Some of the info I didn't find. Believe me I tried,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom