TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Geforce 7800GT
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: ON Board
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:: -

I read a couple of posts that mentioned how to get good capture PQ at small output size and it related to installing FFDSHOW.

In VFW configuration of FFDSHOW its as followed:

Encoder-MPEG 4
Fourcc- xvid
mode- one pass constant bit rate

Now I ran a test recoed of about six minutes and came up with a file of 260MB; This can't be xvid :shock: I've created backups of dvds to xvid format that consisted of 1.5-2hrs, 699MB; and excellent PQ. How can I get MP to use ffdshow, or any codec or codec pack to allow me to capture tv to xvid format.

My goal is to output a smaller file with good PQ

Also, can I have advice on how to get better veiw PQ when I'm watching tv on my pc.

If I enable the option to allow ffdshow post processing and try to veiw live tv, MP crashes. When I disable ffdshow postprocessing, I can veiw tv; anyone know why this is?

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
As it stands right now, the Compress feature of MP works.....but not very well. Unfortunately until further development is done on the compress feature, you'll have to use it as is.

Asmo

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
johnson636 said:
So there isn't a way to get good capture PQ at smaller output sizes?

I dunno what you mean with PQ but I usually just convert to MP2 and then convert the files in VirtualDubMod to Mpeg4. That also allows me to cut out commercials and so. HTH

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
Asmo said:
johnson636 said:
So there isn't a way to get good capture PQ at smaller output sizes?

I dunno what you mean with PQ but I usually just convert to MP2 and then convert the files in VirtualDubMod to Mpeg4. That also allows me to cut out commercials and so. HTH

PQ= Picture Quality

Your conversion method will indeed work, but I was looking for a method that did away with the excess time, conversion, and disk space.

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
johnson636 said:
but I was looking for a method that did away with the excess time, conversion, and disk space.

Not going to happen from with MP at present......sorry. Best bet is to find an external solution that works for you.

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
Paranoid Delusion said:
Hi Johnson636

try nvidia purevideo it definately improves the pq on my system.

8)

Do you mean it improves PQ when it comes to watch movies stored on HDD or signal coming in from an external source (STB, Cable outlet)

I wouldn't mind better PQ for my stored movies, but I'm really after improved PQ for tv capture

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom