MP Client trying to connect to wrong address (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you simply trying to inform me about something?
    All, I was saying is that anybody who upgrades his Win 7/8 to Win 10 without then adjusting network adapters and/or the MediaPortal IP references will run into the kind of issues reported by the original poster.

...or are you expecting me to do something with the information you're supplying?
    That's entirely to your discretion.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, well I'm not able to attempt to reproduce with XP. Nor am I able to understand the problem you're describing from your description. Therefore I don't think I can do anything with what you've said. Sorry.

PoBear

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2006
    Northants, United Kingdom
    Thanks for your further thoughts on the problem.

To clarify the n/w issue. After the upgrade none of the other machines on the network were able to resolve the network name of the server, when you ping'd the machine by name it results in the wrong IP address being returned, one in the DHCP pool rather than the static address allocated, however, the machine has not had a DHCP address for over a year and the router, that allocates DHCP addresses has been factory reset in the last year, so there shouldn't even be a DHCP address.

I've had this on two computers, the server and my main MP client machine, both upgraded from W7 this week.

I've actually got around it by setting some of the other machines to a static IP, but doing so then means that they have the same problem as the original two. It's clearly a W10 problem but I don't think it is anything to do with upgrading as one of the machines now affected has only ever had W10 on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom