MP crashed, now won't load (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.3.0

Description
I was trying to stream from iPlayer with Online Videos and it would play for a few minutes, then started stuttering badly (downloading and playing works fine) and then it froze completely. I killed it and then couldn't restart MP, getting an error "The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid".
Rebooting hasn't fixed the problem.
EDIT: Seems there was no space left on C: as MPURLSourceSplitter had made a couple of large temp files in Users\x\Appdata\Local\MPUrlSourceSplitter. I've deleted them so there's now 750MB free but I still get the same error trying to start MP.

Steps to Reproduce:
Stream video with OnlineVideos
MP Crashed
Can't restart MP

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So obviously this info is in the MP error log:
    2013-05-04 21:00:07.752414 [ERROR][(2)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2013-05-04 21:00:07.765414 [ERROR][(2)]: Exception :confused:ystem.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Finalize()
    2013-05-04 21:00:07.765414 [ERROR][(2)]: Exception :There is not enough space on the disk.

2013-05-04 21:00:07.766415 [ERROR][(2)]: site :Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)

Did you produce new log files after you cleared the HDD space, or are you assuming that the logs would be the same?
    I suspect you've probably corrupted some of your SQLite DB files by killing MP as you did.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah, as the error was the same I assumed the logs wouldn't show anything new. I've enlarged the partition now and still get the same error. New logs attached.

I did try running my MySQL repair batch first.[DOUBLEPOST=1367746715][/DOUBLEPOST]Adding some logs showing that I can't tune BBC Two from my client and just get "No data available" (also tested BBC One and ITV1 which both worked).

Tested BBC Two with TV Server config Manual Control on the server and that tuned fine (10:37 logs).

Last edited:

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    It looks like your database is broken (or not running). The instructions here should get you going again, or if that fails I'm afraid you may need to reinstall :(. Just follow the instructions to repair, and make sure the database is running.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks. The MySQL repair is what I tried with my batch file but it reports everything OK so I'll have to try a reinstall.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I reinstalled although I had to do a fresh install as the installer said it couldn't do an upgrade from a GIT install. I can launch MP on the Server now but although the install said TV Server was already installed, it didn't install the TV plugin so I had to copy that (and Micropolis.MPCore.dll and Micropolis.TVCore.dll) from my backed up install. That gets the TV section showing in MP Config but now it fails to connect when I Test Connection "Unable to get data from TV Server on host 192.168.1.66" although Manual Control works as does TV from my Client PC (although some channels still fail for some reason).

When I close MP Config it says "Failed to locate assembly "TV Database 1.3.0.0". I had to copy TVControl.dll and TVDatabase.dll from my backed up MP folder to fix that and now the TV settings works OK. Seems weird it failed to install all the required TV components when installing MP.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I've uninstalled TV Server and MP and reinstalled now to fix the problems on the Server. Still can't get EPG data or some channels working on the Client though.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Set the issue to "no bug" since it was triggered by running out of HDD space.

For the EPG data issue please start a new thread with logs.

I highly recommend that you stick to a clean install of 1.3.0 without tinkering around with any other GIT builds, unstable extension releases, etc.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks. Sorry I overlooked to update this thread but I installed 1.4 and it seems to be all working now :)

I'm sure you're too busy at the moment, particularly as I'm not experiencing this bug anymore but if you or anyone else wants to look into why I had these EPG/Client TV problems with 1.3, I posted some logs in my other thread
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-cant-get-tv-working-on-1st-pc-client.118579/

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I looked. At least for the BBC 2 problem, there was something really bizarre going on that I've never seen before - TV Server didn't even seem to be receiving the tune request, but MP wasn't reporting any error. I guess there was some kind of synch issue between the client and server - almost certainly related to the database since it affected EPG - that has been resolved by the reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom