MP crashes in 80% after resume from sleep (S3- suspens in RAM) (1 Viewer)

jm_wsb

Portal Member
April 14, 2009
Hello, since I upgraded last year to 1.2.1, my mediaportal almost always crashes after system resuming from S3 state.
All the other programs have no problems.

I recently reinstalled the full OS (windows 7) + installed MP 1.2.3, but the problem is still occuring. Also installed a new graphic card.

Please advice, because 2 times a day a crash from the mediacenter is not good for the WAF and CAF :)

logs:
- *06_05_12*: taken in normal mode
- *07_05_12*: taken in debugmode
attached.

Thanks in advance,
Jeroen.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Are you using hybrid sleep? Just out of curiosity, turn off hybrid and try normal sleep.

Also, have you tried restarting mepo on resume (not ideal)?

J.

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

It looks like that the crash is related to the remote control. Maybe the driver does not load fast enough after standby.

Can you try to set a startup delay for Mediaportal after resume of 5 or 10 sec and look or this will help (MediaPortal Configuration-->General-->Startup/Resume Settings).

Else you can maybe try to intall the latest drivers for the remote or temporary disable the remote control and see or MediaPortal still crashes.

Cheers,

jm_wsb

Portal Member
    April 14, 2009
    Hello,

I'm not using hybernate (and played with it before).

Lbr_Lion, I've runned a couple of days with a resume delay of 10 seconds, but it still crashes.

BUT disable the remote control did the thrick.

SO DISABLING THE HAUPPAUGE PVR150 remote control was the solution. (I 've tried other drivers (now running latest 2.04), but no success.
    I will yust by a new USB remote control.

LBR_LION< thank you very much (also in name of my wifa and childs :)

Thanks,
    Jeroen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom