MP crashes on startup (1 Viewer)

red_zebra

Portal Pro
September 1, 2009
Leipzig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Team MP,

seems that I need your help: MP crashes on startup and I have no clue what could be the problem. It worked just fine some hours ago, and I didn't change anything but installed a new game via Steam in the meantime (and I doubt this could be the cause). The problem occurs even when I try to start MP configuration. Could please anybody see the log files and provide a solution? Thanks in advance!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is google translating correctly?
    Exception: System.ArgumentException: Die Schriftart Arial unterstützt den Schnitt Regular nicht.
    Exception: System.ArgumentException: The Arial font does not support style 'Regular'.

That is only the first exception. The there is:
    [2013-10-11 21:21:55,831] [Error ] [2 ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    [2013-10-11 21:21:55,833] [Log ] [2 ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei MediaPortal.Visualization.VisualizationWindow.Dispose()
    bei MediaPortal.Visualization.VisualizationWindow.Finalize() Message: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. Site : Void Dispose() Source : Core Stack Trace: bei MediaPortal.Visualization.VisualizationWindow.Dispose()
    bei MediaPortal.Visualization.VisualizationWindow.Finalize()

red_zebra

Portal Pro
    September 1, 2009
    Leipzig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Indeed, it was the Arial Regular font - I would never have thought about that (although I noticed the error in the log, but I didn't take it seriously). Besides, the crash occured far after the "initialize fonts"-message on the startup-splashscreen. But nevertheless, it seems that Bioshock 2 indeed broke my system font - thank you, Steam! Well, however, for those who face the same problem one day - download and install this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16083

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom