h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC / haali splitter
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling: lots of fans
Power Supply: 600w+
Remote:
TV: 40 inch samsung full-hd
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have been using MP for about a month and I love it. But today my graphic card died and after putting the x1600 radeon (I think it is called) borrowed from a friend I can not start MP at all. It would be nice to be able to use MP when I wait for my card to be repaird/replaced.

I include the error-files and will also quote the relevant part, I think, so if someone understand that code maybe they will see what the problem might be. I use the same resolution as my old card (1080) so dont think that is the problem...
2009-02-03 22:15:44.517807 [ERROR][MPMain]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2009-02-03 22:15:44.526595 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :confused:ystem.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Program Files\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
And then there is about 15 more lines after that.

Oh, and another idea I just got, since I have my own server it would probably be easier for folk to just visit my logs online right away :) I think I will do that in the future if I am gonna post more errors.
MediaPortal Test Tool -- LogReport

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, and another idea I just got, since I have my own server it would probably be easier for folk to just visit my logs online right away :) I think I will do that in the future if I am gonna post more errors.
    MediaPortal Test Tool -- LogReport

Then it should work :p
    If I want to look at the error log I just get an error page with a nice lady on it.

Concerning your error:
    do you have a backup of the missing file ?

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Strange, the link works for me.

Anyway, I did not have a MediaPortal.exe.setting backup so moved it away and could kinda start MP now. But got an error. But since I got that far I tried a reinstsall without removing skin etc and it worked!

Thanks anyway for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom