MP crashes sometimes after resume from Standby (2 Viewers)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok that's a Beta version then.

This fact the leaves the possibility that there are in fact 2 issues:
    a drive related issue and the volume "wave master" issues. This would explain why I still experienced crashes after switching to "master volume" with driver 13.12 - though I changed back to "wave volume" we might get an answer to this soon.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Ok after setting Volume back to "Wave" I had a crash again within less than 12h. So that probably the main cause for the resume from standby crash. However I mus have had a driver issue additionally.

Are there any disadvantages with using the "Volume Master" setting for MP?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If you are on win8/8.1 -> Master for sure :)
    For me i prefer master even when i have win7 lol

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guys thank you for all or the one, who found out, that it has to do with the volume setting and Sebastiii for keep on track for such problems. Together with the options for Windows Defender it seems all my problems are gone. The first time after months I can use Mediaportal for some days without a crash, a hang while loading, slow menus or other misbehaviours.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ohhh boy that's driving me nuts..literally.

I had 4 days without crashes by using the older AMD driver AND setting volume to "Master".

Now all of a sudden I had a crash AGAIN with the setting to "Master" and the old AMD driver.

Can someone please take a look into the log? - thx guys

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Volume Wave:
    I see a couple of issues, related to:
    1. MySQL
    2. SideBySide (iMON)
    3. .NET Runtime

MySQL:
    InnoDB: Cannot create file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd'
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.
    InnoDB: The file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd' already exists though the corresponding table did not exist in the InnoDB data dictionary. Have you moved InnoDB .ibd files around without using the SQL commands DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE, or did mysqld crash in the middle of CREATE TABLE? You can resolve the problem by removing the file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd' under the 'datadir' of MySQL. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.
    First run a check on your SQL database:
    1. Open a command line by clicking start, type "cmd", hit return/enter.
    2. Type cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin (this should be the path to the bin subdirectory within your MySQL install folder) and hit return/enter.
    3. Type mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p, and hit return/enter.
    4. A password prompt should appear. The default password is MediaPortal (case sensitive).

Note: If you're running MySQL 5.6 you need to adjust the path to that.

SideBySide:
    Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes für C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundGraph\iMON\system\SG_ShellMon64.exe". Die abhängige Assemblierung "Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Verwenden Sie für eine detaillierte Diagnose das Programm "sxstrace.exe"."
    Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes für C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundGraph\iMON\system\RegDll64.exe". Die abhängige Assemblierung "Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053"" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Verwenden Sie für eine detaillierte Diagnose das Programm "sxstrace.exe"."
    Disable the plugin for testing.

.NET Runtime:
    Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe
    Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
    Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
    Ausnahmeinformationen: System.AccessViolationException
    Stapel:
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.DXNative.FontEngineAddTexture(Int32, Boolean, Void*)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.DXNative.FontEngineAddTextureSync(Int32, Boolean, Void*)
    bei MediaPortal.guilib.TextureFrame..ctor(System.String, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Texture, Int32)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.Load(System.String, Int64, Int32, Int32, Boolean)
    bei Cornerstone.MP.AsyncImageResource.loadResource(System.String)
    bei Cornerstone.MP.AsyncImageResource.loadResourceSafe(System.String)
    bei Cornerstone.MP.AsyncImageResource.setFilenameWorker(System.Object)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)
    Fontengine )$(*#)@(#*$)#(....

And here we go for the WTF logs ;)

Yesterdays crashes were related to MySQL only!
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.
    InnoDB: The file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd' already exists though the corresponding table did not exist in the InnoDB data dictionary. Have you moved InnoDB .ibd files around without using the SQL commands DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE, or did mysqld crash in the middle of CREATE TABLE? You can resolve the problem by removing the file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd' under the 'datadir' of MySQL. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com.
    And according to the error message (if the above check only gives you OK back), you can fix this:
    You can resolve the problem by removing the file '.\mptvdb\tvmovieprogram.ibd' under the 'datadir' of MySQL.

Which is then worth a try (but keep a backup!)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, thx

I have done:

1) repaired the MySQL DB
    2) removed the corresponding DB file just to be sure

For the MySQL DB file error. I cannot imagine that this crashes MP !?

Disable the plugin for testing.

3) Minidisplay Plugin already disabled - don't know where the sidebyside error comes from !? - however I cannot remove the iMon software, I would loose remote control then :)

.Net Fontengine - can that be fixed?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1) repaired the MySQL DB
    2) removed the corresponding DB file just to be sure
    Did you have a broken dB?

For the MySQL DB file error. I cannot imagine that this crashes MP !?
    It comes from your system event log, so better believe it ;)

however I cannot remove the iMon software, I would loose remote control then
    But i would still suggest to use the keyboard while testing if this causes your crashes.

.Net Fontengine - can that be fixed?
    Everything can be fixed, we just need to figure out what causes it first. ;)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK

No I did not a have a DB error.

I begin to believe :)

Keyboard: Not an option. I will look at the log. I only had 2 sidebyside errors. Maybe there is another fix.

But the crash from this evening doesn't make any sense, there was nothing for 4 days and I had frequent crashes every 12h...a well let's see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom