MP crashes sometimes after resume from Standby (1 Viewer)

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i did attach the settings i have...

btw: its a boring time. no funny error searching, no discussion with the gf about the crash she have before, no reason to read the forum hourly.. only hear music, looking tv and films.. have i said its a boring time??:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      66 KB
    • 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      79.6 KB
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      132.8 KB

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I am about to give up.
    I had another crash with "Stop playback on removal of audio renderer" "OFF". The log is attached, it states "user input" after resume but it was unresponsive and frozen.

I have now changed the AMD driver to 14.3 beta and have set "Stop playback on removal of audio renderer" to "ON" again, maybe it helps.
    I have now the same settings in MP regarding this issue as user only I have checked "keep always on top"

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Doesn't look much different then the previous logs. It seems to set your disaply to 1024x768:
    [2014-04-02 06:09:36,151] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DISPLAYCHANGE
    [2014-04-02 06:09:36,152] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Screen MP OnDisplayChange is displayed on changed from \\.\DISPLAY1 to \\.\DISPLAY1
    [2014-04-02 06:09:36,152] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: OnDisplayChange Bounds of display changed from 1920x1080 to 1024x768

And the confusing thing is that, as soon as your Monitor gets 'removed', the display settings are changed back to 1920x1080:
    [2014-04-02 06:09:40,505] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE)
    [2014-04-02 06:09:40,505] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: SAMSUNG (SAM0510 EDID Override)
    [2014-04-02 06:09:40,505] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DISPLAYCHANGE
    [2014-04-02 06:09:40,506] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Screen MP OnDisplayChange is displayed on changed from \\.\DISPLAY1 to \\.\DISPLAY1
    [2014-04-02 06:09:40,506] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: OnDisplayChange Bounds of display changed from 1024x768 to 1920x1080

What confuses me is that the EDID override shows up in the logs as
    Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: SAMSUNG (SAM0510 EDID Override)
    which should be your receiver, but that also seems to be recognized:
    Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: TX-NR3010

Are you sure your EDID override is correct?
    Have you tested what happens when you connect your TV directly on the videocard with HDMI, and use another HDMI (if you have 2 output) or SPDIF for the audio to your receiver?

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mhh I do think that the EDID override works because I never had "No audio oder no video" issues since.
    However you have a point that it looks odd. I can remove it and set it back to "general monitor" for testing.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I had just removed the EDID override and went back to standard plug'n-play monitor and the 1st resume was already a crash.
    Log attached.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Really weird...

System Event Log shows:
    Der Dienst AODDriver4.3" wurde aufgrund folgenden Fehlers nicht gestartet: %%2"

But what confuses me more is:
    [2014-04-03 18:22:01,876] [Error ] [22 ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: ' bei System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    bei System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    bei TvPlugin.TvFullScreen.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow, Boolean skipHistory, String loadParameter, Boolean skipAnimation, Int32 focusControlId)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.ShowFullScreenWindowTVDefault()
    bei MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.ShowFullScreenWindow()
    bei TvPlugin.TVHome.TvDelayThread()
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()'
    No idea why you get a LoadSkin error on TvPlugin... That should definitely not happen.
    @Sebastiii any thoughts on this?

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    System Event Log shows:
    Der Dienst AODDriver4.3" wurde aufgrund folgenden Fehlers nicht gestartet: %%2"

You can forget about that one. Its the AMD overdriver driver which is not installed on my system. Some driver versions show that error, some don't - since I just switched to AMD 14.3 Beta 1 I just don't mind about that.[DOUBLEPOST=1396551499][/DOUBLEPOST]
    But what confuses me more is:
    [2014-04-03 18:22:01,876] [Error ] [22 ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: ' bei

That has been around since 23rd of march :) .... well I think we start to can't see the woods for the trees :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom