MP crashes when I turn on TV (1 Viewer)

Laura

March 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm running windows 10 and originally installed a modified version of windows media center to record my shows. Last night I was working on getting videostream to work on my computer and link with my phone, and around that time windows media center stopped working. I went in to do a manual recording and it crashed when i tried to access live tv. It also crashed when i try to watch recorded tv. So i uninstalled it and have been trying to get media portal to work on my system. I tried to do all the configuration for a server and client locally on my computer, but when I open MP and turn on the tv it crashes. I can't access it via the tv button with the icon of cartoon people on the couch, i have to click the home button and then go to TV through the other menu. Then I turn the tv on button and it crashes just like windows media center did. After crashing, the tuner light is on and does not turn off. Normally the tuner light is on only when I am recording something, and turns off when finished. The light stayed on after windows media center crashed too. I thought that the tuner was malfunctioning so I removed it and reinstalled it. MP was able to use it to find channels, but i haven't been able to do live tv.

I am attaching the watchdog log I made of it crashing when I tried to turn the tv on. My tv tuner is rather old, but has always worked fine. It's PCTV 801e SE and it is a usb tuner.
thank in advance for any responses.

Laura

March 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I solved the problem by rolling back to an earlier windows restore point. It uninstalled media portal, but live tv works again in media center. I still don't know what the problem was before, but crisis averted.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your issues are due to a Windows update from last week. However an update for the update was released today that cures the problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom