MP crashes when playing DVD after CD (1 Viewer)

mp718

Portal Member
June 20, 2005
I am running MP 0.1.3 and have autoplay for both DVDs and CDs selected. I have run into two ways of crashing MP when playing CDs and DVDs.

1. When inserting and ejecting CDs, MP seems to be very unstable. If I, for example, press stop and then eject the CD before I hear that the CD player has stopped, MP sometimes crashes with no error messages.

2. If I play a CD and then insert a DVD, MP crashes. If I run MP in non-fullscreen mode (i.e. in a window), I get a box with a message that says "Setup Error" "Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your Setup". When I press OK, MP crashes. There are no error messages in the log file.

I have reproduced these behaviours on two different computers.

Does anyone have the same problem or any solution? Could anyone please try to reproduce it (to check if I am the only one)?

mp718

Portal Member
June 20, 2005
I notice that the same problem occur when I first insert a CD, select yes on the autoplay question, stop the playing, eject the CD, insert it again. Now, no autoplay question comes up. If I check the task manager, MP is using about 10% of the CPU. Nothing happens for a while, but after a while (a few seconds, a minute), MP crashes.

I have tried to completely remove and reinstall MP, with no success.

Could anyone please try to reproduce this problem? Right now i cannot trust MP for playing CDs and DVDs without crashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom