MP Crashes When Starting Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottheil

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
After upgrading to 1.2.3 some recordings I make with my Hauppauge analog tv tuner card will crash MP when they are played after being recorded. Recordings made with the Hauppauge ATSC card have no issues. I have comskip enabled and get the same results with it turned on or off.
The BAD .ts files play in windows media player with audio only, and play with video only in PowerDVD. All other .ts files play correctly in both.
The only change I have made to the system since I noticed this bug is upgrade to 1.2.3 from 1.2.2.

Steps to Reproduce:
Record program, after completion attempt to play from recorded tv menu.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaInfo.dll

so it seems that updated in MP 1.2.3 mediainfo 7.54 has some problems with your recordings. please try to extract mediainfo.dll from latest mediainfo package http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en and try again

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Hi Scott,

I've seen in your application event log that Mediainfo is causing the crash. Your version is 0.7.53. Maybe you could try and update to 0.7.56.

Its attached in my post. If you want you could make a backup of your existing MediaInfo.dll in c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal

EDIT: Just a second too late :)

Attachments

• MediaInfo.0.7.56_32bit.rar
      867.3 KB

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I updated the mediainfo.dll and tried to replay the recorded video file and had the same results pointing to mediainfo causing the crash.

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Here is one of the smaller .ts files. I am not able to replicate it on demand in regards to recording a program that will crash. It seems to happen to random .ts files that are scheduled recordings or if I just start an instant recording. The same .ts files that cause the crash will crash MP each time I select to play it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/75244158/error video ts file.zip

scottheil

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I updated to the latest MediaInfo.dll 0.7.57and am now able to play the video files that before were crashing MP. So far no new bad video files or crashing from this issue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom