MP crashes with DVB sub enabled when viewing specific channels. (1 Viewer)

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,

this issue only happens when viewing the Catalonian canals in Spain (TV3, K33), I don’t know why. They are the only one in Spain that are sending in HD, I don’t know if that has something to do. The thing is I have to disable the DVB subs under Television->TV Client->Subtitles, on the contrary MP crashes, because “Fault Module Name: DVBSub2,ax” (and in the error log says: System.NullReferenceException).

I’m wondering how many canal are sending its programs with dvb subtitles and how many with teletext subtitles, I mean I don’t know which ones are better and what are the differences. Could someone explain them to me, please? I’m asking because I’m thinking of letting MP just with the teletext subtitles enabled, in case I can’t find a solution for these crashes. It’s inconvenient having to disable always the dvb subtitles when I want to see that Catalonian canals.

I would appreciate very much some help.

P.S: I'm using the last versions of MP and tvserver in Windows Vista service pack1

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please provide a short recording in .ts format so we could try to reproduce the crash.

ps. I moved the thread under correct location.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you for answering.

I have a ts file, but it is 19 MB. I put it in Projectx in order to cut it down to 2MB, but I can't find the way.

I can confirm that MP only crashes when the stream has DVB subtitles. Mp crashes but I've seen in the tvserver that the timesfhit goes on and doesn't stop until I stop the tvserver.

For the moment the only images I can see in MP of these Catalonian chanels are the commercials, because they don't have DVB subtitles.

If you tell me how I can cut that 19 mb ts file I will send you the file.

Thank you very much.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Here are public FTP account details (upload only... so not possible to use it for anything nasty :))

Address: ftp.team-mediaportal.com
    Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
    Password: mpuser88

Please up load the whole 19MB .ts file. Would be nice to fix that crash for 1.0 release.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    OK you got it there. I renamed the file to "catalonian bit", the original name was "live1-0.ts.tsbuffer1".

Please let me know if you find out anything. It could also be that I have some wrong configured stuff in my PC or in MP.

I guess there are more people who see Catalonian TV in MP, but I haven't read any complaints in internet. So, they may be don't use dvb subtitles or don¡t use the last MP version, or it is only my system that is wrong.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

running my DVBSub2.ax through Dependency Walker, makes regsvr32.exe to crash . I don't know if that means something.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well, as the issue hasn't been fixed, I've been using some workarounds in the meanwhile.

I can't watch the catalonian TV with the problematic DVB subtitles, because MP crashes inmediately, but I do can record it. Then I can watch all those programs, including the subtitles, using the VLC player.

Wouldn'be a way to implement that capabality of VideoLan player to read all kind of DVB subtitles in the MP inside player?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    running my DVBSub2.ax through Dependency Walker, makes regsvr32.exe to crash . I don't know if that means something.

That doesnt sound good. Maybe something in your Windows install that has got corrupted.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Well, as the issue hasn't been fixed, I've been using some workarounds in the meanwhile.

Please upload a new test .ts sample. I'm not able to reproduce the issue with the old one you previously uploaded. Works nicely here.

Wouldn'be a way to implement that capabality of VideoLan player to read all kind of DVB subtitles in the MP inside player?

Not possible and thats why we have the DVBsub2.ax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom