[confirm] MP crashes with System.Data.ConstraintException in MyMusic and MyVideos (2 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: DefaultWide
Windows Version: Windows 7

MPcrashes with System.Data.ConstraintException when moving fast through mymusic or myvideos items.

Steps to reproduce (here: Coverflow in MyMusic):
  • Delete music database file and create new music database with MP configuration (just to be sure that database is consistent)
  • Start MP and go to MyMusic
  • Select a view with lots of items (e.g. Albumartists without index)
  • Select coverflow layout
  • Move fast through itmes by holding down the "->" key
  • MP crashes with System.Data.ConstraintException

The same happens with myvideos and Coverview layout. In MyVideos MP also crashed in list layout with a System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException. The logs provided cover the 3 crashes (mymusic coverflow, myvideos coverflow and myvideos list). No crash happened in mymusic shares view and myvideos shares view.

Michael

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can not confirm this. How "many" items do you have in that view?

Furthermore do the following:
    Start (Windows taskbar button) -> Programs -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> MediaPortal Debug-Mode
    and try to reproduce the error.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yeah when you first reported I was struggling to replicate.

This is setting the #selecteditem property and given this is due to fast scrolling I would say it is a timing issue.

Your machine is as per specs and not a monster gaming machine yes?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP crashes with System.Data.ConstraintException in MyMusic and MyVideos

Can not confirm this. How "many" items do you have in that view?
    I have about 430 albumartists (few pictures) and about 870 albums (all with cover art) in my music database. My video database contains about 100 videos (most with covers). So that's not a real big database.

Furthermore do the following:
    Start (Windows taskbar button) -> Programs -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> MediaPortal Debug-Mode
    and try to reproduce the error.
    I did that with all three logs provided...

Yeah when you first reported I was struggling to replicate.

This is setting the #selecteditem property and given this is due to fast scrolling I would say it is a timing issue.

Your machine is as per specs and not a monster gaming machine yes?
    My machine is a intel core i3 system as specified with 4 MB RAM and no graphics card.
    I would agree with your assumtion that it is a timing issue because it is not predictable, when it happens. I already had it (that was the first time I got that error) when slowly going through a list layout in myvideos.

Michael

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm just curious, do you use option from Configuration-GUI->Enable file existence cache ?

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP crashes with System.Data.ConstraintException in MyMusic and MyVideos

I'm just curious, do you use option from Configuration-GUI->Enable file existence cache ?
    No. But I tried it out and it made no difference.

Michael

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just want to eliminate that, I tried to replicate your problem with 250 movies with covers and fanarts for a 10min constant scrolling but everything was ok.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Can you please try to reproduce with MiniDisplay plugin disabled? (trying to confirm that this is related to minidisplay as it appears in logs).

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP crashes with System.Data.ConstraintException in MyMusic and MyVideos

You were right! When I disabled minidisplay I did get no errors, when I reenabled it the error came back reproducibly.

Michael

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you please try to reproduce with MiniDisplay plugin disabled? (trying to confirm that this is related to minidisplay as it appears in logs).

amazing what difference one line makes.... I only read the stack as far as setting the property. that mini-display line was not there before :p spent a while looking for unsafe code in the property manager without any joy :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom