MP crashes.. (1 Viewer)

bjhans

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi all..

Could anyone tell me how to get at "rock stable" installation of MP and TVE3.

I have the latest version of both MP and TVE3, and it crashes after a few hours of watching TV, maybe 2 or 3 hours. It has done that since revision.. I can't remember, anyway - it has never been stable as much as I would expect it to be.

I'm running Vista Home Premium, AMD +4400 X2, 2Gb ram, ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, Radeon 2600XT Graphics card, Hauppauge HVR-1300, all opdated with the latest driver.

I've tried everything, new clean installation of Vista, uninstalled MP and TVE3 and erased the directory they were installed in, and installed the hole thing again, but still the same.

I really like MP, but my patience is running out, so any suggestion here would really be helpful.

Kind regard
bjh

MrMel

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
Im trying new SVN's all the time, non has survived a evening of TV watching, Except 0.2.3.0 release (no SVN), I find myself always going back...

TV Server however ive upgraded several times without issues, probably not any fixes either.

bjhans

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Im trying new SVN's all the time, non has survived a evening of TV watching, Except 0.2.3.0 release (no SVN), I find myself always going back...

TV Server however ive upgraded several times without issues, probably not any fixes either.

Excactly what I experience. There must be others that have same problem.

bjh

MrMel

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
I played around a little, restarting the TVEngine after I installed a new version on the client helped.
Switching around to other codecs also helps.

I actually got todays version to work pretty well, so far.

Using ffshow as decoder on the client for regular video and core for HD material.

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    I really like MP, but my patience is running out, so any suggestion here would really be helpful.

It would be good to have some logs of such a crash. I'm also struggling with some crashes and have described my findings in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv_crashes_unhandled_exception-t31919.html.

Don't know if this is in any way related to your problem (since I'm running TVE2), but please set the loglevel to debug in configuration.exe and follow the guidlines in HowTo: report bugs. Your sytem information is also required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom