MP crashing at startup, think mp-tv series may be at fault? (1 Viewer)

goughy

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey guys. Started having an issue with mp a couple of days ago. Would start it up and it would get to the part where it says loading windows plugins, but would hand for a bit then crash (close, whatever). I was on v1.2.3 but have now upgraded to v1.3, but it's still happening. I started mp in debug mode and it started fine. So I then disabled all my plugins and started it normally and it started fine. I then enabled my plugins one by one, restarting mp each time in between, until I got to enabling mp-tv series where the crash reproduced.

I restarted in plugin debug mode and have the log file here.

This started out of the blue - I hadn't made any changes to my system, and hadn't even uploaded any new tv episodes prior to the crash. Maybe it will tell something. Unfortunately I'm a hack at this stuff, and get by by fluking things ;)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Your MP-TVSeries database and/or skinsettings.xml appears corrupt.

Code:
    00000001 - 31/03/2013 8:28:55 AM - Loading Skin Formatting Rules
    00000001 - 31/03/2013 8:29:10 AM - Commit failed on this command: <delete from FormattingRules> (SQLiteClient:  cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:SQL logic error or missing database query:delete from FormattingRules).

Do you have any older backup you can fall back onto? Or rename the database file you use now and start a fresh one, to first determine if it all works fine then.

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And again a DB going corrupt. It seems to be a common cause that could strike anybody at anytime.
    Is there anything I could do as prevention?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    And again a DB going corrupt. It seems to be a common cause that could strike anybody at anytime.
    Is there anything I could do as prevention?

I'm running a dbase that is multiple years old now with serious adjustments and never a corruption.

Known causes for corruption: shared dbase with multiple clients (unsupported for a reason), NTFS issues (OS/hardware), system stability issues (OS/hardware), etc.

Whatever keeps causing these corruptions for other users is just too low in numbers and too random to pin-point a source on. So it sucks when it happens to you, but there are 3rd party MediaPortal plugins available to make backups of the settings and databases for a reason, as well as it is good policy to do system backups regulary.

Each time you install an update of MP-TVSeries a backup is made as well, so you might be lucky that you have a non corrupted database.

Keeping track of your setup also helps. So if you experience BSODs or MediaPortal crashes, do not just ignore it when MediaPortal appears to work fine when you restart it, because you are masking underlying issues that eventually will be unrecoverable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom