[solved] MP crashing whenever tv or video is played (1 Viewer)

eletrichammer

July 12, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi all,

I have a problem where whenever I play a video or Tv it crashes within a minute every time.

Ive done an update of MP, reinstalled LAV filters, repaired SQL server, and repaired streamMP skin.

I have the log files attached if someone could please help me pinpoint what is causing this problem.

Much appreciated!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

Thanks for the log files - they're perfect. (y)
    They show that your TVSeries plugin database is corrupted:
    [collapse]
    [2015-07-12 08:39:34,330] [Log ] [27 ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database: TVSeriesDatabase4.db3
    [2015-07-12 08:39:34,332] [Log ] [27 ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-07-12 08:39:34,334] [Log ] [27 ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-07-12 08:39:34,336] [Log ] [27 ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:[/collapse]

You can follow the instructions here to solve the problem.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Repair_SQLite_Database

Where the instructions mention VideoDatabaseV5.db3, you're dealing with TVSeriesDatabase4.db3.

Don't hesitate to ask if anything is not clear. :)

Regards,
    mm

eletrichammer

July 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the welcome.

For some reason this repair doesn't seem to be working.

Below is a copy of my CMD.

c:\repair>sqlite3 bad.db
    SQLite version 3.8.10.2 2015-05-20 18:17:19
    Enter ".help" for usage hints.
    sqlite> pragma integrity_check
    ...> echo .dump | sqlite3.exe
    ...> sqlite3.exe -init good.sql
    ...>
    ^C
    c:\repair>sqlite3.exe -init good.sql
    SQLite version 3.8.10.2 2015-05-20 18:17:19
    Enter ".help" for usage hints.
    sqlite> sqlite3.exe -init good.sql

No new files are created or errors shown. Possible that im doing something wrong? I have also tried ctrl + c after pragma integrity check part then kept following instructions with no luck.

Thanks for your help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    After instruction 3.2 ("type following in command prompt...") do you see an error message?
    It seems like you're doing something wrong after that point.

If (and only if) you see an error, you should ctrl+c to get out of the SQLite prompt and back to the Windows prompt. This is important, because the "echo .dump | sqlite3.exe bad.db > good.sql" and "sqlite3.exe -init good.sql TVSeriesDatabase4.db3" commands need to be run from the Windows command prompt (which it looks like you weren't doing). Also, make sure your echo command is complete. It looks like you were missing the "bad.db > good.sql" part which should have been on the end.

eletrichammer

July 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have tried again with admin rights and I am not getting any errors nor any other confirmation after step 3.2 (pragma integrity_check). See below;

C:\Windows\system32>cd c:\repair

c:\repair>sqlite3 bad.db
    SQLite version 3.8.1 2013-10-17 12:57:35
    Enter ".help" for instructions
    Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
    sqlite> pragma integrity_check
    ...>

This is weird, currently I am unable to use any part of mediaportal without it crashing :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In that case perhaps try to move or rename that TV Series database file.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't mean bad.db; I mean TVSeriesDatabase4.db3. Either take TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 out of the folder that it normally resides in (c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database) or rename it.

eletrichammer

July 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hmmm, I renamed it back to its original name through cmd. then replaced it over the original. Still having the same issue and under tv series are no entries of shows.

Can I just rebuild my tv series list by doing a rescan through MP-TV series?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I renamed it back to its original name through cmd. then replaced it over the original. Still having the same issue and under tv series are no entries of shows.
    I'm not surprised. You haven't managed to fix it so the problem will continue.

Can I just rebuild my tv series list by doing a rescan through MP-TV series?
    No. To rebuild the list you have to move, rename or delete the TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom