MP cutting part of the picture in MP TV.. (1 Viewer)

zeltak

Portal Member
November 8, 2005
Hi guys

sorry for the second Question today but im playing around with my winTV pvr 150 and after solving the first problem stumbled upon a bigger show stopper. everything works great now in MP except that the picture is cut on the right side (about 20 %). i have changed all the ratios (4:3, normal , streched, pan etc..) and it happens with all of them, there is a missing 20% off the right side of the screen. i also checked it with Wintv2000 (the wintv software) and there i get the perfect picture with the whole screen. is there anyway around this?

thx alot in adavnce

Zeltak

zeltak

Portal Member
November 8, 2005
sorry about that...forgot to change the video codec (i was using a diffrent software tuner card), it turns out you need to use the intervideo one for wintv. now i get the full screen picture but it freezes and gives me a messgae saying no reception...ill guess ill figure it out somehow :roll:

thx again

zeltka

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

zeltak said:
    now i get the full screen picture but it freezes and gives me a messgae saying no reception...ill guess ill figure it out somehow :roll:

This is a bug in one of the CVS builds. What version of MP do you use?

Good codec for the PVR is also the MPEG2Dec and MPEG/AC3/..

Flip

zeltak

Portal Member
    November 8, 2005
    once again thx for your help today

i was using the version from the 1st of sept., that casued the freezing. now ive dl'ed the latest CVS and it freezes again..same as the original one :( i can hear the sound but the screen is frozen. the MPEG2Dec is the one i started with , it worked fine but the screen was cut , i dont have the MPEG/AC3 codec installed, where do i find it?

thx alot for everything again

Zeltak

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry for the delayed answer.

MPEG/AC3 is just the audio decoder. Works best in combination with the MPEG2DEC video decoder.

Did you run start.bat after applying the CVS?

Please post your other hardware specs. We have a nice tool to collect the requiered data. :)

Flip

zeltak

Portal Member
    November 8, 2005
    hi flip

no problem with the late response, i really appriciate the help. i did run the start.bat after the install. my specs are:

Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-12-06)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: MPeg2Dec Filter
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 1700MHz
    Memory: 511 MB
    Motherboard: D850MV (Intel Corporation)
    TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150
    TV Card Type: -
    TV Card Driver: -
    Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce3 (64 MB)
    Video Card Driver: -
    Video Card Resolution: 800x600
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: Bluetooth Audio Device
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis::

unfortunantly the CVS version didnt help with my case. the best codec combo is actually what you said (MPEG2Dec and MPEG/AC3/) but it cuts about 20% of the left side of the screen in all modes (normal, strech, 16:9 etc..). i did dl yesterday a trial of sage TV (just to make sure the hardware wasnt bad :)...no intention of using it LOL...i try to only use open source stuff ) and it worked fine. so i guess its a bug as you said. hope i can fix this out somehow. its the last thing between me and a awesome HTPC!!
    thx again

Zeltak

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi zeltak,

zeltak said:
    Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce3 (64 MB)

This could be the bad boy. MP uses DirectX9 technologies like a 3D game. Therefor a DX9 capable card is highly recommended. Like:
    ATi 9550 or above
    nVidia 5200 or above

You could try (if not already done) overlay as renderer instead of VMR9.

Flip

zeltak

Portal Member
    November 8, 2005
    Hi flip

thx again. I did try the overlyay option. i also downgraded to 1.3 and it didnt work as well. it works really well with sage tv though. i really dont know what else i can do, its really the last thing between me and using my HTPC, its just a major show stopper (i cant watch TV :D ). thx again, would love any other ideas i can try

Zeltak

zeltak

Portal Member
    November 8, 2005
    btw flip, i tried it this morning with Gb-pvr and showshifter both with VRM9 and they all wotk well, the Tv viewing in these programs (as well as sage TV works well-albiet the picture isnt that sharp or some reason..is that the Video card's problem?). Media portal is such a better product above all the rest though so i would love to get it working with MP. ill wait for any ideas from anyone

thx again

Zeltak

zeltak

Portal Member
    November 8, 2005
    Hi Flip!

After almost giving up on MP (since every other htpc worked with my card), i dl'ed a frontend to try (cant remember its name) and it told me in the config that ffdshow could ruin the TV view. it disabled it and the picture was perfect. i thought wait maybe ill try MP now and to my amazement it works perfectly now!!!!! :D :D . im so happy since i love MP and now i can finally use it (and so can the wife :) )!. i think that this issue with FFdshow should be pinned somewhere for others to use. thx alot for all you help

Zeltak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom