MP doesn't recognise screen resolution properly (1 Viewer)

hardretro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    When I start playback of any video file, 90% of the time MP will resize itself to filling part of the screen as shown in the attached file. In the Configuration app under General>Startup/Resume Settings the start screen is miss recognised as being 1536x864 rather than 1080p. This 1536x864 resulution is the same as the size that MP will resize itself to when plaing back a video.

I can't for the life of me figure out why this happening.

I am running MP 1.5, but has happened with previous versions, this has happened on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. I have used various drivers for my HD6670.

This happens with Dynamic Refresh Rate turned off and on.

Any chance there's someone out there that has an idea what's going on here?

Attachments

• screencap.png
      screencap.png
      3.2 MB
    • settings.png
      settings.png
      269 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi hardretro,

Please check your resolution & overscan settings in ATi CCC for all refresh rates you use.
    What resolution does Windows display for your TV?
    Do you happen to have any 'ScreenCalibration.....xml in your C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder?

hardretro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi hardretro,

Please check your resolution & overscan settings in ATi CCC for all refresh rates you use.
    What resolution does Windows display for your TV?
    Do you happen to have any 'ScreenCalibration.....xml in your C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder?

I've looked through CCC, my overscan is set to 0%.
    None of the listed supported resolutions match what MP recognises.
    Windows displays my TV's native res as 1080p (correct for a Samsung PS51E550)
    No ScreenCalibration XML in that folder.

hardretro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi,

Actually I think I have the same issue. I opened a thread here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ug-please-help-me-im-about-to-give-up.122073/

On my side, I'm using a Nvidia GPU so it probably doesn't come from your ATI settings... Moreover, everything is working fine with MP 1.4 and this bug only happenśsince i upgraded to 1.5

My knowledge of it happening here from before 1.5 is purely from the wife saying it has happened previous to the update.... however could just be woman talk. I've only seen it recently as well.... so could very well limited to 1.5 as a new bug. Hopefully enough people experience it that a fix comes quickly.

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    Hello,

I have the same problem. Had Win8 with MP1.4 and no problems. Just recently did a fresh install of Win8.1 with 1.5 and have the same problems as described above.

I have a nVidia GT430 card and a 1080p TV connected through HDMI. And the Start Screen in MP says: Generic PnP monitor (1536 x 864).
    When I select the default driver (Microsoft Base Video) for my videocard, then the MP Configuration shows: Generic PnP monitor (1920 x 1080).

So hopefully this is an easy to fix bug? Can I be of any help to solve it?

hardretro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    Hello,

I have the same problem. Had Win8 with MP1.4 and no problems. Just recently did a fresh install of Win8.1 with 1.5 and have the same problems as described above.

I have a nVidia GT430 card and a 1080p TV connected through HDMI. And the Start Screen in MP says: Generic PnP monitor (1536 x 864).
    When I select the default driver (Microsoft Base Video) for my videocard, then the MP Configuration shows: Generic PnP monitor (1920 x 1080).

This doesn't work for me, as when I choose the base MS Basic Display Driver, audio over HDMI ceases to work.

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    Hello,

This doesn't work for me, as when I choose the base MS Basic Display Driver, audio over HDMI ceases to work.

I doesn't work for me either (to slow) :), it was just some extra info I thought I should mention. :)

@Owlsroost
    Will do, but I have to do a clean install. I'm currently running the "MP1.4 special Win8.1 fix" release and updating that one to 1.5 did not reveal the problem in the half hour of testing.

hardretro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2011
    Home Country
    England England
    I've now tried running MP in compatibility mode (Win7 and Win8) with no success.

Possibility I may just reinstall windows 8 and see if it reverts to normal behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom