MP don't change refresh rate (1 Viewer)

Flavio

Portal Member
May 11, 2019
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with my MP installation because DRR does not work. The operating system is a Windows 10 and the video card is a Radeon RX580 with drivers 20.12.1. The HTPC is connected to my JVC N5 projector.
I enabled DRR in configuration but this doesn't work and always stays at 60Hz. In the log (enclosed) you can see a "unable to change refresh rate 23Hz for monitor 1 for resolution 4096 x 2160". Of course the projector is able to display the refresh rate at 23Hz. On the same HTPC if I start the same film with MPC-HC everything works perfectly and the projector switches to 23Hz.

I also tried madVR but the situation doesn't change

23-47-49.png

Cattura.PNG

Any help?

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_29_12_20__00_13.zip
    116.3 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Try check Force refresh rate ... Or/And Use device reset ...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also tried madVR but the situation doesn't change
    It might be interesting, for troubleshooting, to try Madvr with MPC-HC and if that works disable all MPCs internal filters and enable external LAV which means it will be set up the same as MP, which should give us an idea as to where the problem is.
    I'm running with Madvr (DRR disabled in MP) and an AMD RX570 no problem with switching to 23hz and all other refresh rates supported on my regular full HD TV, sorry I don't have 4k.

Last edited:

Flavio

Portal Member
    May 11, 2019
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank's for reply.

I solved by changing the refresh rate value for CINEMA 23,976 from 23 to 24.

Now I have another problem.
    Activating madVR as render does not reveal the correct AR. Let me explain. In madVR I created several profiles that depending on the AR of the movie automatically set the correct configuration on my JVC N5. With MediaPlayer this doesn't work, I think it depends on what I select in the zoom configuration but I tried several settings without success. Any help? Thank you.

Flavio

Portal Member
    May 11, 2019
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Activating madVR as render does not reveal the correct AR.

Sorry solved this too, in lav videos I had selected the D3D11 in native mode. With this mode madVR does not detect and does not manage black bars and AR.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry solved this too, in lav videos I had selected the D3D11 in native mode. With this mode madVR does not detect and does not manage black bars and AR.
    Yes there are a number of issues with D3D11 and Madvr has not been updated for ages, no idea what is happening there, in the past there were frequent updates with fixes and improvements. Glad you found the problem if you have not already done so the DXVA2 (Copy back) is recommended for AMD GPUs.

Flavio

Portal Member
    May 11, 2019
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I use madshi's latest beta and setting the D3D11 Copy Back everything works, but since I have a Radeon RX580 I think the DXVA2 Copy Back is better

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use madshi's latest beta and setting the D3D11 Copy Back everything works, but since I have a Radeon RX580 I think the DXVA2 Copy Back is better

Ah that is interesting, is the Madvr beta version generally available and if yes where can I download it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom