MP Eats my CPU resources ! (1 Viewer)

Spyder

Portal Member
January 28, 2006
I recently installed MP 2 RC2
all works fine on my primary monitor but when i drag it to my TV ( on the left @ 1024*768 ) mp begins to use +80% of my CPU and the program runs verry slow !
( got no tv tuner card atm , only for divx , dvd , ... )
also when i want to see dvd's and i want to navigate with my mouse ( on primary screen ) the menu goes rather slow !

my PC
AMD 3400+ A64
2Gig of DDR PC3200
Ati X850XT 256MB AGP 8X
2x 250gig
1x 80gig windows disk

Windows SP2 fresh install

any1 that can help ?
tnx

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Thats because you are putting MP on the primary screen which is using DX acceleration and then by moving it the secondary screen it no longer has this acceleration. Basically you cant do that, and so far from what Ive read there isnt a perfect fix. Providing you make the tv the primary monitor you wont have any problems.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately, this is a DirectX issue, not MP related. (Search on "secondary screen")

Spyder

Portal Member
    January 28, 2006
    Hmmm than using this pc for gaming etc is difficult since everything starts on 1st monitor

can MP work smooth on PIII 1Ghz , 256MB ram , 20gig hd ( sharing files via network )

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Should be fine then, as that model P3 (good processor) used to keep up with my old P4 1.4ghz easily. Another 256mb of ram couldnt hurt though, probably speed things up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom