MP fails to detect DVB (SAT) signal - but it works fine in MS Media center (1 Viewer)

siman007

April 13, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi I have a new win 7 x64 installation. I installed MP 1.2.3 and I am using a DVB TBS Q box S2 (with the latest drivers). When I run the MP satelite signal scan it fails to find any sat signal what-so-ever (i'm using a fixed dish for astra 28.2/hotbird etc). The error log shows no errors.
Yet on the same PC I then setup MS Media center using the same receiver and it finds all the signals and everything works perfectly. I have even tried the TBS box on 2 other media center systems and it performs perfectly first time (even on windows 8 CTP!)

I have tried scanning a specific transponder but again it detects no signal.

Does anybody have any idea? thanks si

siman007

April 13, 2012
Home Country
Hi thanks for the quick reply :) - its a fixed dish so no diseqc is required.

I'm new to MP so maybe I'm missing something.. MP detected the SAT receiver with no issue. The WIN 7 was a new install fully patched etc, I did nothing else with windows 7 before installing MP (i.e. I didn't play with Media Center until MP failed to detect any signal). I set the country to the UK, I have selected the correct sat in MP but alas it constantly says no signal!

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
(i'm using a fixed dish for astra 28.2/hotbird etc)
astra 28.2E and hotbird 13E are different satellites. I guess you have one dish with several LNBs, so Diseqc settings must be set in MP TV tuner settings. It can work in WMC because it has some kind of auto-recognizing algorithms.

siman007

April 13, 2012
Home Country
Hi Thanks again. Sorry that was my mistake I meant eurobird (not hotbird!) which is 28.2 near to the astra - its all off one LMB - so as far as I know Diseqc shouldn't be needed..

I noticed that with Media Center the QBox S2 receiver (its an external USB box) shows a green light on the box when its all working, but with MP I never get the green light, is it possible that MP is not driving the receiver correctly? MP thinks can see it and thinks its turning it in but possible its not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom