MP finds channels but fails to save / update channel list. (1 Viewer)

MartinF

October 20, 2007
I have installed Media Portal and everything seems to be running well it finds both my TV cards and will scan and find (loads of) channels no problem at all however its not saving the channels at all. None are found in the TV channel list and I can see while scanning for channels that none are updated. I have tried installing the TV server but that doesn't help and i would rather use Media Portal alone as its a stand alone system. Someone please help.

Please note both these cards work perfectly fine in Windows media center just not both at the same time :mad:

TV-Server Version: Not Installed
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC3
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
CPU Type: Duo Core 2.8
HDD: 300
Memory: 2gig
1. TV Card: Pinnacle 310i Hybrid DVB-T / Analog
2. TV Card: Twinhan 1030 DVB-S

CYaBro

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey I'm having a similar problem here.

I've tried the latest SVN for TVServer0.3 and MediaPortal 0.2.3 RC3.
I have two Skystar 2 DVB-S cards and they have been working perfectly for a few months.
I had to reload Windows XP Pro as I had a HDD fail and since then I can not get any channels tuned.
While it does the scan you can see teh signal strength meter etc move up like it always does but then it comes back and says Nothing Found.
I tried the Skystar2 software and it is able to find the channels OK.

Just downloaded and tested GB-PVR and it works fine.
What has happened to Mediaportal with it not picking up any channels?

blogra

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
I have a similar problem with MediaPortal 0.2.3 RC2. It scans, and finds channels, but doesn't save them in the list. I was originally using MediaPortal 0.2.2.0 which was fine more or less, but then all of a sudden, both tuners became un available. Some sort of database error which no amount of mucking around would fix. I think it happened when my daughter was 'experimenting' with the music capabilities of MP. After much stuffing around trying to re-name/delete the old folders, I could only delete the mediaportal directories from within safe mode, I think because Mptray was active all the time. Anyway, I thought I'd try a later version instead of re-installing 0.2.2.0. Fixed one problem, but now have another!

gozzy

Portal Member
July 19, 2005
Solved my Issue

Hi

I had the same problem, I was using Media Portal RC3 but had issues with HD Video. I reverted back to RC2 and although a scan found all my radio channels I had the same issue with the TV.

Fix: Goto C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\Media Portal\Databases, delete the radiodatabase, tvdatabase and all card wml files. Done a rescan and all working fine now.

Hope this helps ypu guys too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom