MP Freezes if paused for a while (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Whether it be Movies or TV Series, if it has been paused for a while MP hangs and won't respond and I have to End Process via Task Manager. The weirdest thing is I haven't changed anything in a long time and I used to leave it on pause for a long time before without any issues.

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

To me it looks like the problem may be caused by the following sequence:
    1. Play video.
    2. Pause video.
    3. Video and/or audio renderers disconnect (maybe TV and/or AVR go into power-saving mode?).
    4. You have the "stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" option ticked, so the above triggers MP to try to stop playback.
    5. Stopping hangs because the renderers are no longer available and the [DirectShow graph] player is paused.
    My suggestion would be to try to prevent step 3, or alternatively untick the option mentioned in step 4.

I see that you're also using a custom version of MP:
    [2016-05-07 17:34:19,515] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Build: 1.13.0-56-gcb930b4-MP1-4757-FEAT-Add_stream_selection_based_on_LAV_Splitter

If the above recommendations don't help, please update to 1.14 final and confirm that the problem still affects you.

Regards,
    mm

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have updated to the official 1.14.0 version, will see how I get on with that, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom