MP Freezes when scheduled recording start (1 Viewer)

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
June 15, 2006
NE Lincs, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm using SVN Build 12847. I have two dvb cards in my system and tonight I was watching one channel whilst waiting for a recording to start. Once the recording started, the channel I was watching froze. I could not escape back to the home screen and had to reboot the pc to get back to normal. I've snipped a bit of the log file out which relates to the time this happened. If anyone has any suggestions I would be really grateful. In the past I have had no trouble whatsoever with recording one channel whilst watching another. Incidentally, once MP restarted, the recording started again and I was able to watch another channel at the same time.
The log file suggests that MP believed it had returned to the home screen but it hadn't. This happened last week but I didn't think much of it until it happened again, tonight.

thanks for looking,

Cheers.

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 SVN Build 12912 (although has been this way for some time)
Skin: Blue 2 wide
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2, .NET 2.0
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 2.4GHz
HDD: Seagate 320GB 7200.10
Memory: 1G 677 MHZ
Motherboard: Intel
Motherboard Chipset: G965
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia 7600GT
Video Card Driver: 91.47
Sound Card: Integrated Azalia
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DVICO Dual Digital 4
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.51.03
2. TV Card: Hauppauge 150 MCE
2. TV Card Type: Analog
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24103
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVidia Purevideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV: Panasonic CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA->Component transcoder

Mine does exactly the same thing... with a DVICO dual card.

Something else I find is that the recording actually runs fine, and I can go back and look at it later. But the GUI from that point is totally locked, and the current playing show is frozen, never to return (at least after waiting 2 hours).

I have a VFD and when pressing the green button he VFD indicates that I have returned to the home screen, but the display is still frozen on the last frame of the channel I was watching live.

My log file looks the same. It appears that the other card is being selected, but something happens that locks the GUI. There is nothing in the GUI indicating a problem. I'm wondering if it is some form of mutex deadlock with the GUI thread?

I can VNC into the machine and bring up a task manager to kill the MP, strangely that task manager is not visible on the TV screen, only on the VNC window. (probably to do with DX Exclusive mode).

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
June 15, 2006
NE Lincs, UK
Home Country
Hi,

I have a VFD - and the same happens to me. The VFD indicates that I'm back at the home screen ... but the GUI is locked. I think the task manager thing is to do with Directx exclusive, again, I get the same. It's slightly comforting to know it's not just me. I think I'm going to revert to a previous version for now and wait to see if this gets fixed.

update:-

Just reverted to 0.2.2.0 final, all working ok again. Looks like a bug has crept in somewhere but I'm not sure which SVN release actually introduced it so ... no svn installs for a while I think!

Edna

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I got the same issue last night - but did not save the log.

-Similar setup 2 DVB-T tuners - Watching tv on one card, the UI locked up when a recording starts on a seperate channel. I'll try to reporduce and upload the log.

ATIWare

Portal Member
November 14, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
Same problem

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 with latest SVN
MediaPortal Skin: Blue two
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2 patched
CPU Type: Intel P4D 3 GHz
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard: Intel
Motherboard Chipset: Intel
Motherboard Bios: Intel
Video Card: Asus
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: Optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppause WinPVR 250
1. TV Card Type: ATSC
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Multichoice DSTV
HTPC Case: Antec NS 2400
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Sansui 82cm
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

Hi,

Also got the same problem, but I only have one tuner , VFD also indicates that I am back in home, but screen does not reflect that. My recording goes on and I have to kill MP later. At least the recording is there ;)

Maybe should revert as well.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I am also seeing the same behaviour. I am not posting logs, since others have and this seems to be quite a general problem.

I am seeing this on a dedicated HTPC running Windows MCE and two Hauppauge Nova-t PCI cards (model 90002)

I will be reverting to 0.2.2 for a while, since I need the HTPC to be stable (WAF!).

Best wishes,

Mark

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    This seems to be a relatively reproducable issue for quite a number of people, and has been introduced in an SVN change, I cannot see it in the bugtracker, so perhaps this is why there is not much feedback.

How do we get this raised to bugtracker so that it has a little more visibility?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    To get this confirmed (& to Mantis) you have to attach all logs (mediaportal.log, mediaportal.bak, error.log, etc).
    I'll test this to later to see if it happens here too.

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Ok, problem seems to be introduced with a sf patch in revision: 12772
    "Committed SF patch 1621185 by trevorn. This patch has been requested in several places in the forums."
    I have compiled a TVCapture.dll (attached to this post, extract, overwrite the one in MediaPortal\ ) without that patch (use latest SVN!) & the problem it's gone here, if anyone can confirm it would be fine.

Regards
    Roy

htpcoz

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2005
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    I'm assuming with this change rolled back, that the MCE replacement blaster will be broken again.. Need to work out how to get the external tuning stuff fixed without breaking everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom