MP freezes when switching on TV

Discussion in '1.3.x' started by Cyclops66, April 16, 2013.

1. Cyclops66

Cyclops66 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Show System Specs
    MediaPortal Version: 1.3.0

Description
    I have a dedicated PC running only media portal. When I have finished watching, I switch only the TV off (connected to the media center via DVI to HDMI). When I switch the TV back on, media portal freezes sometimes, but will never allow me to start a movies or series. The screen becomes transparent. I can hear the movie in the background, but I have to use task manager to kill it and start again. The only way around this currently is to remember to switch MP off before switching off the TV, even though the PC runs 24/7. I did try with the new standard skin, but had the same results.
    This never happened with the previous version of MP on the same PC.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Start MP
    Switch TV off
    Switch TV back on
    Attempt to start a movie

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. onelegend
    • Premium Supporter

onelegend MP Donator

Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I'd run mepo in debug mode and post logs otherwise no one will be able to help

Having said that, mediaportal/windows does many things when you disconnect the display (what you are effectively doing when turning your tv off - this causes windows to change resolution multiple times) I believe the 1.4 test version may help/stop your freezing issue and it may be worth testing (it will also help improve the next version of mepo as they are targeting connectivity issues so would be useful to know if it resolves your issues

This is the thread if you are interested
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/call-for-tester-for-1-4-0-features-and-fixes.114566/

4. Cyclops66

Cyclops66 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Show System Specs
    Thanks, I'll do that and post the results.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!