MP freezing on resume (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
When setting a recording up and putting MP into sleep mode (s3) I seem to be getting the problem of the MP gui freezing upon waking up for the recording.

The program records just fine, and the system seems to put itself back into sleep mode after the recording has finished, but when i re-awaken the system i get stuck at the home screen and have to ctrl+alt+del to close MP and then reopen.

The odd thing is that if i set a recording up to happen in the very near future (in the next half an hour for example) everything seems fine, its just the recordings that wont be happening for a few hours that it seems to happen.

Case in point:

Last night i set up a recording for this morning at 6.00am, i get up at 7.15am and go to have a look at the result... system is in sleep mode so i assume everything went to plan, but when i wake it up (PC power button on MCE remote) i just see a frozen MP screen with last nights date/time in the home screen (the time that i put the system to sleep). The recording is present in Recorded TV however so i know that the system woke -> recorded -> went back to sleep... :confused:

I have my hibernation settings as:

MP config - Suspend after 5 minutes
TVserver config - Suspend after 7 minutes
Win7 Power - Never sleep, Never hibernate.

In MP config i also have 'Restart MP upon resume' [ticked] and 'Apply workaround to stop MP freezing upon resume' [ticked].

I have attached logs from this morning for the above occurance. Any help would be much appreciated, ive had hibernation/sleep problems from the word go and ive managed to solve most of them apart from this one last issue!

MediaPortal Version: MP1.2 RC
MediaPortal Skin: Avalon
Windows Version: Win7 + SP1
CPU Type: AMD AM2 X2 4600+
HDD: 2 x Samsung F1 2Tb
Memory: Corsair 4Gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte nForce 430 Micro ATX
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4670
Sound Card: On board 7.1
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
h.264 Video Codec: DivX7
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja
Power Supply: Antec 430W
Remote: MCE
TV: Samsung 42" Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

ilfesto

Portal Member
May 10, 2010
HI,

Had the same problem, after installing the Avalon skin. Had an idea that it was the infoservice causing the crash. After installing a new version of infoservice, instead of the one provided with Avalon, it seems that the problem is gone.:p

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
HI,

Had the same problem, after installing the Avalon skin. Had an idea that it was the infoservice causing the crash. After installing a new version of infoservice, instead of the one provided with Avalon, it seems that the problem is gone.:p

Ill give this a go, thanks!

Which version of infoservice did you update to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom